1

One.

Two.

Three.

One.

Two.

Three.

"Time!" Normani yelled as I let go of the ends of the jump rope, letting it drop on the padded floor. My rigid my breaths filled the empty gym, I looked over at the dark skinned girl. She walked over to me with a towel in hand and began to wipe the sweat of of my face.

"Thank you, Mani." I say with a slight smile as she dries up my glimmering face.

"Anytime, Laur. You're totally ready for this fight." She said with enthusiasm. I nod my head in agreement as she puts the towel down.

"Well I was trained by the best fighter ever," I respond. She blushed while wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Correction, I'm a dancer. Not a fighter."

"Right, but you could still kick my ass." I mumble, Normani rolls her eyes playfully before patting my cheek delicately with her hand before unwrapping herself from me. Trust my word, Normani and I aren't a thing, our friendship is totally platonic. We're just friends, besides I have my eyes on a certain girl and she knows it.

"Dinah, Ally and Mila are going to be here soon so-" She was interrupted when the front door of the gym flew open.

"Hello ladies!" Dinah's booming voice rang throughout the empty gym. The three of them walked through the door as Normani and I watched. I grabbed another towel, wrapping it around my neck then walking to where the 4 girls are now in a conversation. I walk up behind Ally resting my chin on the top of her head.

"...I'm just saying," Camila says, as she finished whatever she was talking about. I glanced over in Dinah's direction to at least know what's going on, but the Polynesian girl just shakes her head. I furrow my brows and look in Normani's direction and she looks bucket me before taking a deep breath.

"Don't worry, Laur. It's just Mila being ol' Mila." She said waving her hands slightly as she talks. I sigh softly.

"Alright," I mutter. Glancing over at Camila, she avoids eye contact with me which is weird.

"Lauren, you know I'm not a head rest, right?!" Ally says, oops.

"Sorry, Als! I kinda forgot, your head is comfy." I immediately remove my chin from the top of the older girls head. She laughs her glorious laugh and smiles.

"Don't worry abut it, Laur. It's all good." I smile a little at Ally's kind self.

"So, the fight is tonight." I heard Camila say, Dinah scoffed and I looked at her questionably.

"Mila, seriously? Not this again." Dinah said, as she looked at the Cuban next to her. I began to straighten up.

"What do you mean, Dinah I'm just saying. I was gonna ask Lauren if she's excited." Camila said calmly as she turned to look back at me. I looked at my two friends before responding to Camila's question.

"Yeah, of course I am. I'm kinda nervous too though, but I'll get over my nerves." I smile there younger girl, Camila hesitantly returns a smile. I chuckle at her oddness.

"See, she'll be okay, Mila." Ally says, "Just like she always is." I nod in agreement. After a long silence Dinah speak up.

"Let's get going guys," She said motioning to the other three girls. "Laur, we'll see you in the ring." And with that they all exited the building, I watched as the door shut behind them as they left.