I melted. This was absolutely amazing. I wanted to cry. No one has cared enough to get me something this amazing.

     Joshua Matthews really did care about me. Didn't he. Hm.
     I held the last one close.
     'Your in it for the long game.'
     I am Josh. I am.
"Awe Josh." I said as he cupped his face in his hands, embarrassed.
     This gift was so sweet so thoughtful.
"This is so sweet." I coed. "Really this means a lot."
"I hoped you'd like it."
"I love it." I held them close. "Thank you."
"Your welcome." He smiled. "The other gift isn't as cheesy."
"Your right that gift was cheesy." I said. "But thoughtful and sweet."
I opened up the other gift and gasped. It was this gorgeous watch. With a black band and little art sculptures beside the clock.
"It's beautiful." I said looking up at him. "I saw it in this art shop back in Philadelphia. I saw it and thought of you."
"Thank you." I breathed. Why was he spoiling me.
"Your welcome." He said. "You know you constantly say you need a better way to tell time. And you like retro things. So, I god you a watch that defined you."
"Your so sweet."
"I know." He grinned.
     After a moment of silence, I changed the subject.
"Did you mean what you said on New Years?" I asked.
"What did I say?"
"That every time I'm with you it's like electricity and that you try with every ounce of yourself to control yourself.
"And every time you see me with Lucas you want to explode."
He rubbed the back of him neck and I bit my lip readying myself for him to just deny it.
"Yeah Maya. I meant it." He said holding my hand.
     We just stared at each other and smiled, content in the silence and our hands together.
     Then Riley waltzed over and interrupted us. "Maya, don't you think you should get back to work." She said. "You'll see Josh tonight right?"
     I sighed. Knowing Riley was right, but not wanting this moment to end. "Yeah. Your right." I stood up and smiled at Josh. "See you tonight?"
"Definitely." He said with a smirk. That sent electric waves through my body.

~

"You know. I got you that watch so you can tell time." His voice echoed through the phone. "But, your late."
"I told my mom and Shawn I had to pick something up from the café and to go without me." I stated.
"And they let you!" He said outraged.
"Shawn agreed, that I was a big girl and could handle myself. Besides Topanga's is what two blocks away from Riley's?"
"It's still dark."
"It wasn't dark when I left."
     "It's still dark now." He grumbled.
"Hey, calm down. Matthews has a tracker on my and Riley's phone. He knows exactly where I am at all times."
"How do you know that."
"Riley doesn't. But your brother is cautious and smart. And I saw the tracker on my battery."
"Wow."
"I know." I smiled. Turning the corner to Topangas. And getting the key out from my purse. "Look. I'm right in front of Topanga's."
"Okay good." He said as I put the key in the key hole.
     Instead of the key sliding in smoothly into a locked door, it pushed the door open. I gasped. Knowing that was not normal. The door was always locked.
"Josh." I said. A hint of fear sliding through my voice.
"Maya. What's wrong." He said urgently.
"The door is unlocked."
"Is it possible that someone forgot to lock the door."
"Riley and I were the last to leave. We locked it."
"Maya. Come back. Come here now. Forget whatever you forgot and walk her quick."
"I can't do that Josh." I said. "I left your gift in there. I can't leave that."
"Maya. You don't know who is in their. You could be in danger." He said rushed.
"Ill be in and out in two minutes. I left in behind the counter."
"Maya. Don't go in there. It's not safe."
I couldn't leave it. It was the first gift he gave me. Those pencils meant so much to me. "Okay. I wont." I lied.
He sighed. "Good. Are you com-"
     I hung up the phone. "Sorry Josh."
     I walked in stealthily. The only sounds my breathing and the click clack of my heels. A pit in my stomach saying to turn back now.
     I looked around no one was here. I grabbed the box from the back of the counter and turned around.

~

"God dammit Maya." I cursed.
"Josh whats wrong." Riley asked me.
"Maya." I said as I grabbed my coat. "The door was open when she went to get her present from Topanga's."
"She didn't go in did she." Asked Lucas.
"What do you think."
"Oh no. Maya." Riley whispered.
     Lucas went to grab his coat but I stepped in from of him. "I've got this Lucus."
"But you don't know how many guys are there."
"It's a café robery. Not a bank robery."
"I know. But I don't think you can handle this by yourself."
     I walked up to Lucas glaring. Threatening. He stood up taller and matched my expression.
"Guys. Guys." Said Farkle breaking us apart. "This is not what Maya needs. Lets all go. Just to make sure."
"Fine." Lucas and I growled.
     We all grabbed our coats and left. We practically ran. Knowing Maya would be in trouble already.

~

"Brendan?" I gasped. What was he doing steeling from a café?
"Hart. You know I prefer Rebel. He slurred.
"Are you drunk?" I said shocked. Then he came into a better light and I saw his eyes. "And high."
"Drunk. High. Neither matters."
"Brendan. Go home." I pitied him in this moment.
"I need the money." He said. He walked closer and I walked back. Hitting the counter. "And you can't stop me."
"I think I can fight off a drunk/high fourteen year old." I laughed.
"Drunk or High. I'm the one with the knife." He said as he popped open a pocket knife.
     My eyes widened in shock. And I gasped. "You wouldn't."
"Oh I would. I've got nothing to lose." He slurred. "No mom. No dad. No future. No friends. Just me. And I don't care what happens to me."
"Just let me go. You can take the money but let me go."
"No." He snapped. "Don't you see Hart. You know I was here. You'd rat me out. But If I'm going down. Your coming with me."
     I looked at him bewildered. "Why?"
"Because your broken. Your broken just like me and were perfect for each other. But you don't care!" He yelled. "The only person you care about is Mr Good. Your best friends man!"
     He came closer and closer. "But I still think your sexy. And funny. And so beautiful and I just want you." He said. "And I don't care how I get you. Or if I don't. Then. Sorry to be such a stereotypical ass whole. But. No one can."
     He got closer and I wanted to hit him. But he brought the knife up to my stomach. "What do you say Hart."
"She says no. Jerk." Someone said behind Brendan. He turned around moving the knife from where it held me.
     I looked around Brendan and saw none other then Josh standing beside Lucas. With Farkle and Riley behind them.
Josh
"Maya!" Riley yelled.
Brendan turned towards me. "You go down with me Ha-" Josh pushed him away and stood in front of me.
     Brendan turned back towards Josh and Josh smirked at him and punched him in the Jaw.
     He toppled to the ground. He got back up to run but Lucas stepped in front of him.
     "Your not going anywhere." Lucas growled.
     Josh turned towards me. And I jumped into his arms. Feeling safe. Tears began to slide down my face. And I began to cry lightly.
"Shhh. Your okay Maya." He said. "Your always safe with me."
     He came. He didn't know if I was in real trouble or not. He came. And I'm so happy he did.
     God am I happy I have Josh.

A/N
I know. Late. Again. This was supposed to be the last day but things came up. I will be posting the second last chapter tomorrow then the last on Tuesday. Or both on Monday depending on how busy I get.