Let's Fly!

I just own my own characters. Everything Harry Potter belongs to JK Rowling~

It was Thursday already Aria was looking forward to today for two reasons one she gets to see Draco during their Flying lesson second she learns how to fly! Today looks to be a good day. Their first class today was Charms and they had a small lecture about the Muffliato charm and would start to practice after.

"Alright class my name is Professor Flitwick as you know we will be learning charms. Today the first charm we will learn about is called the Muffliato Charm. This charm will fill the ears of any person in the vicinity of the caster with an unidentifiable buzzing sound so as to allow long conversations without being eavesdropped on. So this would be good for if the Quidditch captains would like to talk about strategies and dont want others to hear them. I believe this is most useful! The incantation for this spell is Muffliato muff-LEE-ato. Everyone repeat with me muff-LEE-ato. "

The class repeated after Professor Flitwick as they pronounced it three times.

"Good! Now for the wand movement you just point the wand at the target here i will demonstrate. Muffliato!"

Professor Flitwick pointed his wand around him and he opened his mouth to speak and none of the students were able to hear what he was speaking. He picked up his wand again and said something and the students could hear his voice again.

"Just like that see very simple! Now it is time for everyone to practice remember pronunciation."

Aria got out her wand and she felt an odd feeling run through her... She shrugged it off and started to practice.

"Muffliato!" She pointed her wand at the small area surrounding her.

There was a piercing sound that made all of the students cover their ears in pain.

Professor Flitwick immediately performed the counter charm and there was no more sound.

"Sorry professor....." Aria sunk in her chair slightly

"Oh no it is alright miss Lacroix the spell just takes practice so keep trying!" He smiled at Aria as she nodded feeling a bit discouraged. Class ended and Aria was only able to successfully able to the muffliato charm only once. The rest of the time it made an ugly sound that hurt everyone's ears. Hermione said she was pronouncing it correctly and her movements were right just.... it kept making that ugly sound... which she wasn't able to figure out why. She sighed as she walked next to Harry was they went to their next class Transfiguration with professor McGonagall. Aria was still feeling down after charms class and took a seat in the back of the class she set all of her stuff on her desk looking towards the front of the class. Could things get any worse?

The only thing that they did in class was having a lecture on two different things today. The first was the Alphabet and the transformation formula. According to professor McGonagall that it was best to learn all of the fundamentals before starting any transfiguration. Aria was staring at the bored blankly taking some notes and started to doodle at the corner of the parchment paper becoming even more bored.... Aria saw small sparks coming from her wand and was shocked and gasped not thinking that she was in class. Professor McGonagall stopped talking and other students looked at back at her. Seeing the sparks and then they stopped.

"I-I i'm sorry... I don't know what's going on my wand just started to spark"

"Let me guess you have a sycamore wand? You best be cautious with that one." McGonagall spoke calmly and then went back to her lecture.

Aria sighed as she continued to take notes and would constantly look her wand being paranoid that it would start sparking again. Class finally ended and they had a little time to grab something to eat at the great hall. Aria sighed as she dragged herself behind the gang not wanting to really look at anyone. She was silent but then realized they had their flying class next! Aria smiled a bit realizing she will be able to see Draco as well.