0.033

El was confused, confused on why her school bully was taking her, where he was taking her. Just letting herself think that she's stuck in a moving vehical with no escape and him as her only company frightened her, her breaths becoming more and more ragged.

She brought her knees up to her face and curled up into a ball as best as she could but ended up hissing in pain due to the bruises on her stomach restricting her movements.

"Don't move, it'll only make things worse." He said as he reached his arm over to push her legs back down. El retreated from his touch almost instantly, hurt clearly readable on his face. "I'm not going to hurt you, okay?" He went to lower her legs down again and this time El didn't retract herself from his touch, this time she embraced it, embraced the new feeling.

"See, you're safe."

"How can I trust you Jay?" El asked, her shaky voice a whisper as she felt hot tears forming in her eyes but she refused to let them spill.

"You'll just have to have faith in me." By now Jay had stopped the car and turned to look at El. She couldn't help but let a few tears fall into her lap and as she did so Jay felt a sharp pain in his chest like someone had stabbed him straight in the heart and twisted the knife.

He reached over an grabbed her chin with his finger making her look at him, he stared into her eyes but this wasn't the same girl he once knew. This girl was just a shell, she's empty inside. Before he could get a better look she diverted her eyes, looking down away from his burning stare.

He wiped away El's tears with his thumb before she nodded and let out a small "Okay."

"Okay?" Jay said slightly surprised that she hasn't ran out and left him yet.

El brought her eyes back up to Jay's staring back into him before speaking, "Okay."