Chap.2: A New Friend

I still can't believe it. I must have looked at the stick over 20 times now. I am holding a child within me and not just any kind of child. This fetus is also half-vampire. I sighed and threw the stick in the trash and dragged myself to my lovely king-sized bed. I had one of the memory foam type beds and it was just so damn comfy. As i lay in my bed, i stared at the ceiling just wondering what the hell to do. Let's see... I don't believe in abortions so that choice is automatically out. Adoption is out too i guess. Seriously who would want a vampire baby? If anything it would be taken away by the government. That leaves one option. The ONLY option. I'm gonna have to step up and change my ways because in however many weeks I'm gonna be a mom. Never thought i would end up with a kid especially this soon, but oh well It's done and dealt with it.

I ended up coming to a small clinic and honestly it's my first time being in one. Since i was new i had to fill out a bunch of stuff and some of the questions were ridiculous such as when was my last period? Why the hell do they have to know. After what seemed like forever they FINALLY called me. They did the basics and everything was fine. Next i had to wait in a small room until the doctor came.

"Ok i'm gonna have you lay on this table as i apply this gel on your stomach." he instructed. I listened and laid on it. All of a sudden i heard a faint thump. It was the baby's heartbeat. Just hearing it made it all the more real.

"Wow. Is that really-"

"Yes that is the heartbeat of your baby and by the looks of it I believe you are 6 weeks." He smiled. "Now i'm gonna prescribe you some prenatal medications to help with your pregnancy." I ended up tuning him out and just stared at the screen. It may not look like much now, but it's still there.

By the time i arrived back home i was exhausted. All this walking has made me feet sore and swollen.

"I need a car. Wait a minute!" That's when i realized i had some money in a safe. I knew i would eventually need it for something. I know my feet are sore, but hey it's worth it since i'm getting a new car.

"So what kind of car are you looking for?" Asked the salesman.

"A 4 door thats good on gas. Also i prefer a grey car"

The salesman just stared at me and then nodded. He showed me around for a bit until i decided on a Mazda. It was the perfect size, for now that is. Truth is i'm a fan of big cars especially SUVs. Anyways I payed the guy, in cash, and was on my way soon enough. I loved driving and was enjoying it quite a bit that is until i had the urge to puke again. I immediately pulled over and puked to my heart's content. After i was done i drove straight home and layed down for the rest of the day.

A week later i decided to do my monthly shopping. Of course i would need the basics as well as a bit other cuz of my cravings. Right now I was in the mood for cookies and Oreos was they way to go. I grabbed the golden ones and just as i was about to put in the basket i bumped into someone and fell on my ass.

"Woah i am so sorry there" I looked up and saw a guy with baby blue eyes and black hair which was a bit faded.

"Uhh its ok" I looked away blushing a bit. Wait why was i blushing. I barely know the dude?! Then again i did sleep with a vampire i hardly knew. He extended his hand to me and helped me up. "Thanks." I then proceeded to casually walk away, but the mystery man stopped me.

"I'm Zett by the way and you are?"

"Luna." It was quiet for a few seconds so i decided to just end the conversation. "Well i better-"

"That's a lot of junk food. You having a slumber party?" He smiled real big as I rolled my eyes.

"No. I don't even have any friends. Don't need them anyway"

"I'll be your friend." I was seriously getting irritated now so i turned around and headed to the check out line. As i was being rung up Zett just so happened to be behind me. I ignored himand payed for my things. Just as i was walking out he stepped in front of me.

"Listen I know you don't know me, but I have quite an interest in you." I swear I was about to hit this guy until my stomach started to growl. Great...

"You're hungry. Let me get you something to eat. To apologize for being a nuisance"

'You're still being one!' I shouted in my head. "Fine. Then you can leave me alone" he nodded and smiled as I walked to my car. I look to the side and he's on a blue motorcycle. I wonder if he expected me to get on it with him.

We decided to eat at a Denny's and sat in a corner far away from everyone. I stirred my warm tea enjoying the smell of it. I looked up and examined Zett's face. Turns out his hair is a bit long but still short and he has a lip ring in the middle if his bottom lip. His attire consisted of a black T-shirt and torn tight jeans. It made me blush and I'm guessing he noticed because he started to chuckle.

"Like what you see?"

"Ughh sh-shut up!" He laughed just as the waitress arrived.

"I'll have some ribs" He said.

"I'll have a burger and fries as well as hot wings" The waitress nodded and left to fulfill our orders.

"Eat much?" He laughed.

"Well I am pregnant. It's only right to eat for two" He stopped laughing and stared at me. Brilliant! Why didn't i play the pregnancy card earlier.

"You're serious. Where's the dad?"

"Yes I am and i don't know. I could care less honestly." I sipped my tea smiling to myself.

"I don't mind. It jut makes you all the more interesting" Are you kidding me?!?! I just can't get rid of him!

"Really now."

"I told you I will be your friend before, but now i guess i gotta be daddy." He smiled big again and i just shook my head, but then again... At least i have a companion now...

Our food arrived and ate as we continued talking. Turns out he's 19 and has been living in an abandoned apartment building since he was 15! His dad died young and his mother remarried to a complete jerk, but then again his mother was a bitch. The reason they kicked him out was because his mother was pregnant and said they needed "room" for the baby. They lived in a fucking mansion!! He didn't care he left without telling them and has been fine since. I understood where he was coming from so i could relate to him.

"Listen. I live in a 5 bedroom, 4 baths glass house. It's just me and soon to be baby. It's located in the woods away from society so if you want you can stay with me"

"How do you have your own house"

"I've been on my own since I was 5. I steal people's money on the streets and had the house built for me 3 years ago."

He seemed amazed at me and thanked me. After we finished eating i showed him to my home. I parked my car in the garage and so did he. The nights were becoming hot now since it was July.

"It's a lovely house. You designed it?"

"Mhm. Every corner, wall, and everything else. It was all me."

"Thank you Luna. I am indebted to you."

"Well I'm going to bed now. Being pregnant makes me so tired these days"

"Haha. Good night"

"Night."