Part 37 (Peter's POV)

"Love, p-please, there's no need for all that," I beg over the phone while pulling away the sheets. My hair was a complete disarray as I tried to smack myself awake. "Jean, darling, listen."

"Oh, no, no, you listen!" She scoffs and I imagine her little nose twitching right about now. She's probably shaking her finger in the air again. A sigh escapes me as she continues to rant. "You have not explained to me exactly why you decided to leave out of the bloody blue! Peter! How could you simply leave and not say a thing to me about it?!"

"Jean, my father -he, this is just a little difficult to explain, but-"

Gasping to herself she hisses through the phone, "Are you with another woman? Peter, how could you be such a dog! With an American blond bimbo. too!"

Jesus Christ, love.

"Darling, no, I am not, you know I wouldn't." I tried not to raise my voice for the sake of keeping this situation away from my brother's ears, but a little yelp sharply exhaled out of me once I turned around. Jack was leaning against my door with his arms crossed.

"Moring, Baby Boy."

"Ah-ha...uh, morning, Jack." My hands cling to the phone as Jean snorts, saying that she couldn't believe even Jack was there. I didn't feel well, not with her uncontrollable snipping at my ear, and Jack's judgmental gaze all now mixing the air with a deadly spike in temperature.

I am sweating myself to death.

As if Jack had heard my thoughts, my heroic brother took the phone from me. I sighed, and once I saw he was lifting it to his lips and ears, the air I had blown out quickly was sucked back in.

"Jack, no." I sharply whispered as he opened his fat mouth.

"Sod off, Jean, this is family business."

My stomach tried to slap my lungs to revive them from the shock of his words towards her. Personally, yes, death sounded so beautiful at the moment. My bum rested itself back on the bed as I glared emotionless at Jack's figure, phone still in his hands.

"Oh, I bet you would, you blistering, little bi --ha, I would love to see you try, love! Do not think so little of him -what? Go and hang yourself, then, darling, I will personal pick out flowers to send to the dog kernel where they will gladly put you to sleep. Me? You are the nut who cannot let him speak at all!"

"Oh, God, why?" My mouth hung as I stared to the ceiling. I fell back once I heard Jack hang up. His head peered over mine as he leaned over and shook his head. "Would it upset you if I said I still am madly in love with her?"

Jack's brow rose at my question. He tossed me the phone, saying I am in need of some help because Jean will have me wearing a collar as a wedding ring -that is, if I kept on like this, being a pushover and all.

Pouting, I sit up, and raise my voice. "I am not, I can speak for myself!" As I look over to Jack's bland face, my courage goes away.

Oh, he is right.

"I am right," he says walking away. "You're doomed."

Quit reading my mind. Oh, how useless could a person be? I have never actually spoken to my brothers about Jean, they just saw it all themselves. Mathew would disappear into the shadows when she showed up, and Jack, well...I became insignificant between their battles. Cannons would be fired, and my pathetic army could do nothing to be noticed.

Once the door was closed, my mind wandered away to my father. He always knew what to do, it seems all the Wallis men knew what to do when it came to women, except me. Having my phone buzzing once more, I rolled away from it as if it would grow a stinger and attack.