Part 22

Touching him had now become something I willing did, even he would become surprised at how quickly I'd run to him, crushing his ribs like some wrecking ball.

"You need to be a bit softer." He'd say as I'd punch, or jab him around. Honestly, I was treating him more like a good friend than a lover.

It's been a smooth three days since we cleared up, and came to a conclusion; this was not hard, hot love. This was to be soft, and warm, if that made any sense.

Walking in my mother's neighborhood, I was trying to enjoy the break day Mathew had requested. He practiaclly was telling me how annoying I was, and how he needed to have some space from me.

"I couldn't agree more." I had snapped back. Then we both crossed our arms in agreement. He had kissed my cheek, then left after reminding me of our next dinner date.

What a man, I swear.

I wrapped my arms around each other, and smiled to the idea of Mathew telling me he was to be engaged to a beauty back home whom he had spent his free time talking to.

"That would make not liking him so much easier." I whispered as if the block would snitch out my confessions to him. It's been a few days, but I'm a smart girl, in my opinion, and I know I'll end up liking him more than I should. Hopefully it's all in my favor. I pictured him finally leaving, and no tears appeared. Yes, I'm still safe. No tears, there's my answer.

My phone rang, and without looking I knew it was either Mathew, or Felicia. Answering, and not bothering to see, I said, "Yes?"

"So, ah, Mr. Wallis is here at mom's, and he's anxious to see you." She sang through the phone.

"What?" I didn't even have a single clue to what it could have been about. He, and I had agreed to meet each other tomorrow. Hanging up, I started jogging back home. I'm fueled up, and only because I wanted to point my finger at his face, then tell him to admit he did not want a break. As the film played in my head, I stopped in my tracks the second my heart asked why I wanted him to want being near me. The small flutters confused me, and I smacked into our neighbor's life-size deer ornament.

"Sorry." I lifted myself, and the now dented deer. I manage to go through our neighbor's hedge, then into my backyard.

As if I owned the damn house, I marched past my little sisters mid-way devouring cookies in the kitchen, then made a bee line towards the living room. There I saw the back of his head rested against the sofa.

Perfect, now I don't even have to look at his face.

Felicia comes from the opposite direction, and her eyes light up when she notices me. Then, her eyes widen when she sees what I'm about to do.

I lifted my arm, balled up my fist, extended my finger, then began scolding him.

"You practically insult me till I agree for a break, then you willy-ninny show up without warning? I was just begining to enjoy my quiet day till once again you decide to do whatever it is you want to do! You know what I want to do?!" If there was blocks of cement in front of me, I'd be chopping them in halves with the way my arm swung up and down. I walked closer, and he continued to ignore me. Grabbing his ears, I lightly shake them. "Mr. Wallis, why do you drive me nuts?!"

Felicia had her hand up a bit, and was trying to butt in, but her giggles wouldn't let her speak.

After a few seconds, the skin I was holding finally zapped mine. This wasn't his skin. I knew his skin. This was not him. What in hell did I just do.

Quickly I let go, and back away asking, "Felicia, who's this?"