(X) "You Own My Heart & Mind"

"This is when you and I were just friends, talking a lot over the phone

     "This is when you and I were just friends, talking a lot over the phone. Nya and I were best friends. And she knew I would do anything for her..." Michael didn't really know how to construct his words. So, as he stared across the room blankly, he spoke slowly and thoughtfully. "Nya was dating Mario. They had just started. And she told me that she lied to him. She told Mario she wasn't a virgin because she claimed he wasn't into inexperienced girls. He wanted a woman. Someone who could take control and who knew what she was doing. Instead of realizing she wasn't the one for him, she wanted to mold herself into the person he wanted her to be...umm...he—she told me she wanted..."

Isabella frowned. "She wanted?" she questioned.

"Sorry," he said snapping out of overthinking. "She wanted to have sex with someone just to, you know, break her in."

"Break her in? Like a new pair of shoes?"

Michael looked at Isabella but saw the scowl on her face and immediately turned away. "However you want to put it." There was no desire for him to go into details. "She sworn me into secrecy so I couldn't tell you. Even though I should've."

Isabella had to read between the lines because Michael's story wasn't making such sense to her.

"I'm sorry." Michael's elbows pressed in his knees and he buried his face in his hands.

"I don't get it. What the heck are you sorry for?"

He remained still and silent.

"Are you trying to tell me you did it? You had sex with her?" She shoved Michael to get him to respond but he wouldn't.

When he felt her presence leave his side, he finally raised his face to look at her.

Isabella looked down at him. "The entire time we were together, you were lying to me?"

"I only did it that one time. Before us."

"But when I asked you if anything ever happened between the two of you, you looked me dead in my face and said 'no.'"

Michael tried to find sympathy in her eyes.

"And you made me doubt my instincts. I knew from the first time I met her in your hotel room that something wasn't right."

"I'm sorry." He didn't know what else to say.

Isabella wasn't sure if she had the right to feel as angered as she did. "You should've told me."

"I know. But I didn't want to betray her. And after a while, I didn't even think much about it. I suppressed the memory."

"Oh, whatever." Isabella turned around to leave just as Michael jumped up and stepped in front of her. "Move," she warned.