Chapter 24 - Over the Love

Start from the beginning

"All right," he says, emotionless. "That's fine."

"Okay," Drew turns her attention to the other contestants. "Let's move on," she sighs, disappointed. 

She goes through the progress of the others, and I'm surprised to find out that Charity hasn't even kissed her target yet. Hayley apparently has failed at seducing Hank twice in the same week. Apparently, he refused to put out.

"Faye," Drew gushes. "You've been doing a fantastic job with your target. You could easily win this at any time."

My jaw drops. "You're kidding me."

"Not even," Drew smiles sincerely. "I'm glad to see that you're finally adjusting to Aphrodite."

"Wow," I murmur, amazed with my own achievement. "I wish I could tell Leo about this."

Drew's smile fades. "You can never tell Leo about the Love Games. We have to keep our tradition going. If you tell Leo, you'll officially come in last in this round of the Love Games. Are we clear?" she hisses.

"Yes," I say firmly. "It was just a thought. You have my word, I won't tell Leo."

"Good," Drew says in relief. "You scared me for a second," she claps her hands together. "You are dismissed!"

I follow Aubrey out of the arena. "How are things going with Jason?" I question, simply curious.

Aubrey turns, surprised to see me there. "It's weird that you've had such a change of heart," she comments flatly. "Something is up."

"Nothing is up," I say honestly. "I'm just curious because Drew didn't really go over your progress."

Aubrey groans, then runs a hand through her fiery red hair. "I'm doing fine, thank you very much."

'You haven't slept with him yet?" I continue.

"Listen you whore," Aubrey pins me to a wall after checking to see if there were any spectators. "I don't know what you're up to, but you can cut the shit. Drew may be buying this, but I'm sure as Hades not." Her hand clenches my orange CHB shirt tightly, pushing me roughly to the bricks.

I gulp and refuse to meet her angry gaze. "I don't know what you're talking about," I confess.

"Whatever. Stay the fuck out of my business," she threatened, hissing through her teeth. Aubrey lets me go, then stalks out of the arena. Her high heels click against the concrete. 

I take heavy intakes of air, trying to make sense of what happened. Nothing came to mind. 

I leave as well, my brunette hair flowing with the wind and my hips swaying sensually. 

Maybe I really am a daughter of Aphrodite.

--

Corey's POV

"Delia," I call out hoarsely. "Is Delia in there?"

Annabeth comes to the door of the Athena cabin. "Hey Corey," she greets me blankly. "You're looking for Delia?"

I nod. "Yeah, do you know where she is?"

"I haven't seen her around here, but I think I saw her going near the forest," she replies.

"Thanks, Annabeth," I say gratefully.

Before I leave, Annabeth stops me. She places a pale hand on my shoulder. "Don't let her go before it's too late, Corey."

"I promise you, I won't."

--

Delia's POV

I follow Faye's written direction carefully, tumbling through the trees and shrubs clumsily. "Gods, so help me," I mutter furiously as I take another wrong turn.

Finally, I reach Faye's climbing tree. It escaped me that the tree was among the tallest in the entire forest. 

"Delia?" I hear a voice call out.

Panicking, I scale the tree and claw at the bark with my short nails. Yelping, I grab onto a thorn by mistake. 

I'm falling. This has to be falling. Time seems to be slowing as I fall, presumably to my death.

Most people would have closed their eyes, but I needed mine open. Frantically, I looked around for an escape, a branch, anything. Realizing my fate, I looked to the moon. 

I prepare myself for my fatal crash. My head is the least likely to be impacted after I rearrange my body, I place one hand behind my neck as an extra precaution. Next, I curl my body together to decrease the height of the fall.

The impact I waited for never comes. I land in soft surface. "Oh my gods, Corey are you okay?" I ask.

To my surprise he is still standing on his feet. He didn't even flinch upon catching me. "I'm fine," he insists. "You're really light," he says bashfully. "That's a nice fall."

I blush. "I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with anybody. Especially you when I began my death climb."

"I'm sorry, but I needed to tell you something," Corey bites his lip.

I cross my arms. "What is it?" I say bitterly. 

"I quit the Love Games. I'm officially out and I'll be punished for it."

"Liar," I accuse. 

He shakes his head. "I'm not lying. I quit. I did it for you."

"You're still trying to get into my pants."

"Am not-"

"Yes you are!"

Instead of arguing with me, Corey presses his lips to mine. "I promise you I'm not," he says breathlessly. "Everything I did was for you."

I need to stop denying my feelings for him. "Corey..." I trail off.

He kisses me one last time. "Please, think about it."

--

A/N: Wow is this chapter shitty XD

Well thanks for reading and for your patience b/c I take forever.

Imma update in two days so can I can 15+ votes on this chapter?

Thanks guise :3

-Em