Werewolf Academy - Chapter 36

Start from the beginning

He groans, "Can you shower me?" He seductively suggests.

I laugh, "I'm sorry Mads. I believe that I can't do that for you."

Maddox grunts but doesn't say anything else. He hurriedly makes it towards the shower and stumbles on his feet a few times.

I take a seat on his couch and sigh. It's been a week or so since my birthday. Maddox has been miserable then. All he's been doing is mopping around or just plainly staring at the window of his dorm room, probably thinking of everything.

He would enter my room with an unshaved face while his clothes looked wrinkly and smelly. He looked different and I pity him for that. I find it relieving to know that he's not mad that I pity him, most people would.

Tapping my foot on the soft floor, I impatiently wait for him. It's been close to an hour and Maddox hasn't even stepped a foot outside of his bathroom. I was getting worried so I decide to go inside myself.

I immediately search for Maddox once I open his door. He stands at the front of his mirror while his hands are placed widely apart on the sink's granite. I approach him subtly.

"Maddie," I say in a gentle tone. Maddox turns to look at me and steps away from the sink. "Is there something wrong?" I ask. He doesn't say anything but I know what he feels just by looking at his eyes. He looks tired, worn out and so pale.

Maddox walks to me and cups my cheek. "The clock is ticking baby girl I think I can't take this anymore. I can't endure this." He honestly states.

Is he trying to say goodbye or am I just imaging things?

"You obviously know how much I fucking love you. I've shown to you so much affection for the past few months. I've learned to love another person other than my obnoxious father. I'm glad that you entered my life yet I kind of regret that you did." He lets out a breath and continues to speak. "You know what? If you weren't here today I would have probably killed myself already. It was just my father and I. I had him and he had me. I guess it feels better to not live at all than to worship that bat shit crazy ass bastard, and I can finally be set free from my weird father."

I can't help but stifle a laugh at his words. "Stop trying to ruin the moment with your dirty mouth, and hey, don't you dare to think of killing yourself!" I playfully smack his shoulder.

Maddox laughs, "I won't because you're here. I was trying to say goodbye."

My eyes widen, "Goodbye? What the hell are you talking about? You're not going to forget me! I won't let that happen!"

He chuckles. "I'm going to kiss you now."

I was about to protest but his lips smash against mine. Maddox cups both of my cheeks and we kiss in sync. I place my arms at the top of his shoulders and lace my fingers together.

I felt the same sparks every time we held each other. The feeling felt good and I still wished that we could stay like this forever, in each other's arms.

I pulled away from him to inhale some air.

"Our first true kiss," Maddox mutters under his breath. "I love you so much sweet pea."

I wrap my arms around his neck again while he wraps his arms around my shoulder. "I love you too Maddie." I say against his chest. "Don't let me go, okay? I won't you to fight for me."

I hear him mutter a few words but I can only comprehend the words, "I promise." As much as I want to know what he promised, I don't want to ruin this moment.

"Since my headache is gone and my boner isn't raging anymore, I think it's the right time to go out now." Maddox says.

I pull away from him, "I'll wait for you outside." I turn around and walk back outside but Maddox runs to me and spanks my ass. I yelp in surprise, "I'll change my dress if you keep touching me." I warn.