Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

I placed the clothes on the ground, a pair of pants with a t-shirt. They each stepped forward and picked up what they wanted before retreating behind a tree to shift into human form. My brother stepped out first, we looked a like in many ways, from our eye colour to our peculiar lips. The only difference is that his hair was just dark brown and shaggy with no blonde highlights. He was way more muscular than me, he loved to be in the gym but I didn't like it very much.

Next was Nick, he was my brother's best friend. Like Cole, he was very brawny, they both worked out in the gym together. His dark brown hair was pulled into a knot at the back of his head. His eyes were bright and blue and he had perfect teeth after years with braces. Cole was taller than me and he was taller than Cole which meant that I always had to look up at him. He had multiple tattoos cover his wrists and his chest.

The twins, Daniel and Jaden were the last to appear. Daniel was older than Jaden by a couple of minutes and he continuously made it a point to bring it to everyone's attention. They looked nothing like each other besides their light brown hair which they had cut in the same Mohawk style. Daniel had piercing green eyes while Jaden had the lightest brown eyes I had ever scene. I was always a tad bit jealous of him.

"You guys look awful." I manage to say as I covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing at the sight of them. The clothes were all too large for them and hung awkwardly off their frames.

"What are you talking about, Little Bit? I look fantastic." Nick beamed then did a little twirl. I couldn't help it, the laugh erupted from my chest and I almost fell to my knees. I completely ignored my long-time nickname that he gave to me.

I walked up to my brother and gave him a tight hug after I recovered from my little moment. I missed him so much. His large arms engulfed me and I inhaled his scent deeply. He smelled like the forest and vanilla. I looked up at him, a grin plastered on my face, he smiled back then looked over my shoulder at something behind me.

"Maddie, who is your friend?" Cole asked, I was confused for a second then remembered that I had brought Zack along with me. I took my brothers hand then turned to face Zack.

"Zack, this is my brother Cole and his friends Nicki, Daniel and Jaden." I introduced them and gestured to each person as I called their names. "Guys, this is Zack."

"Is Zack your boyfriend?" Cole asked and I could almost hear the smirk in his voice.

"I'm working on it." Zack chimed in, a smirk playing on his lips. All of the guys chuckled and heat began rising to my face. I pulled my hair forward so that it could cover my cheeks but I was not quick enough.

"Seems like someone is embarrassed." Jaden chortled boisterously.

"Aw, is Mads upset that we know about her boyfriend?" Daniel joined his brother in making me feel more nervous than I already was. I looked up and glared at Zack for putting me in this situation. I should have never brought him along.

"Don't worry, Little Bit!" Nick added as he messed up my hair with his large hand, "We approve."

"Like if I need your approval." I scoffed and slapped his hand away.

"As soon as I get home I'm going to tell Mom and Dad." Cole whispered, my body went cold and I knew that a horrified expression was on my face.

"Please don't tell Mom! She won't let me rest." I exclaimed, remembering how much she fussed over Vance, getting all excited and choosing outfits for me to wear out with him and asking far too many questions.

"There's nothing you can do to stop me." I whipped my head around to look at him.

"Name your price." I stated flatly.

"You know me too well. I want $20 and some proper clothes.

"I can arrange the clothes." Zack said from behind me.

I searched my back pocket for money which I found. I took it out to see how much it was. "I only have $15." I mumbled.

He snatched it out of my hand and placed it in his front pocket, "Good enough."

"We came here for a reason. Vance is still on his way, him and the others are running so they'll get here in about two days or so. We don't have much time to prepare." Nick brought us back to the matter at hand. "Do you have any fighters in this pack?"

"Many." Zack said then turned to face where we came from. He gestured for us to follow and we did.

__________________________________________________________

So did you like this chapter? Are you excited for the next one? What do you think is going to happen?

Vote, comment, critique? All are appreciated :)