Chapter Seven

After Seth showed up, he said that he wanted to take us to meet his mother. She was at work when the meeting was called so she did not hear the announcement about Lily and myself. We did not hesitate to accept his invitation. I really wanted to see what their parents looked like because I remember Zackary saying that he looked like their father while Seth looked like their mother but Seth only mentioned his mother.

Seth took us to a large house that was really close to the main pack house. Many of the houses were large and wooden with huge windows and a lot of detailing on the outside. This neighbourhood had a rustic feel to it, it was kind of cozy. We walked up to the door and Seth pushed it; it was unlocked.

So they don't lock doors in this neighbourhood then. Weird.

As soon as the door opened a wonderful aroma filled my nose. It smelled like sitting on the beach with your favourite celebrity, it was literally paradise. I smiled widely as though I had just received a major prize. I was not leaving without being fed. Whoever was cooking surely knew what they were doing.

"I'm home!" Seth called out. His house was so big I was surprised that I didn't hear an echo. We took off our shoes as soon as we stepped inside.

Like the pack house, this house was rustic and modern but mostly modern. They had a hallway filled with what looked like family photos. Seth walked down the hallway with Lily and I following close behind him. At the end of the hallway was a nicely sized living room with a two large couches, two recliners and a large flat screen TV. It was beautifully decorated with wooden trimming and bright lights.

Next to the living room was the dining room, they had an open floor plan. They had a mahogany stained stable with matching chairs with blue and gold place settings. I looked around to where I believed the blissful smell was coming from and saw an archway that probably led to the kitchen. Past the chairs and to the left was another hallway which must lead to the rest of the house.

"I'm in the kitchen!" A woman's voice called so Seth gestured for us to follow him through the archway I had speculated led to the kitchen.

When we walked inside we found a beautiful lady standing close to the stove. She had long, brown hair, green eyes and a round face. Zackary was right, Seth did look like their mother. She smiled at us and her eyes sparkled a bit. Their kitchen was fairly large with all the appliances being stainless steel and black and white granite counters tops were on golden brown counters. The cabinets matched.

"Mom, this is Lily and Madison, they just joined our pack. These are the girls I was telling you about." Seth smiled.

"You mean the girls you and your brother had to spy on at night for days?" she asked and he nodded. "It's very nice to meet you girls, my name is Isabelle. I hope you enjoy being with our pack."

"Thank you, it's very nice meeting you." Lily smiled before shaking her hand.

"You have a lovely home." I said gently then shook her hand as well.

"Thank you, I decorated it myself." Isabelle grinned proudly so I returned the smile.

Zackary was in front of the stove so being the nosy person that I am I walked up next to him to see what he was making that smelled so enticing. He had a tomato sauce simmering, and was adding pasta into a non-stick frying pan that had what smelled like garlic shrimp in it.

"Zackary decided that he wanted to learn to cook recently so I'm teaching him some of my secret recipes." Isabelle rubbed Zackary's back in a loving way.

"I wanted to learn something new and decided why not try cooking?" he said as he mixed the pasta and shrimp together. The scent made my eyes want to roll into the back of my head. It was so mouthwatering.