Chapter Five

A/N The cover shown as multimedia was done by @Tish_the_Reader... thank you so much!

    My chest felt heavy and the tears that fell from my eyes were hot, I couldn't breathe. I looked around and saw feet coming at me and with every blink another foot hit me; in my chest, head, legs, stomach; anywhere they could reach. My screams landed on deaf ears but they increased the pounding that I took, I felt fists this time. I opened my eyes to see who was doing this and I met eyes with Aaron so I let out an ear piercing scream.

"Maddie!" A familiar voice called and I was pulled away from Aaron's threatening gaze, "Maddie!"

The second time I heard my name it was in a high-pitched, panicked voice. When my eyes fluttered open I saw Lily; I breathed a sigh of relief.

"You were screaming in your sleep. You're so sweaty." Lily stated, her eyes filled with worry and her voice a scratchier than usual.

"If we don't do something soon, Aaron will kill us." My breathing was loud like I had just come from running a marathon.

"What do you think we should do?" She asked as she sat on my bed, I moved over so that she would be more comfortable.

"If you can't beat them; join them." Was my simple reply.

We decided that we should go to Aaron as soon as possible, I always had good instincts but I usually never followed them since I believed that I was a rebel. I took a shower, brushed my hair and teeth then threw on some clothes while Lily just brushed her teeth and put on normal clothes- we needed to have a talk about her refusal to shower. The nerves started to kick in when I thought about facing Aaron again. The feeling of disgust overwhelmed me when I thought of having to beg in order to join their pack.

I picked up my phone to check the time, it was 5a.m which was too early for any normal person or wolf to be awake on a Saturday morning but a demented freak like Aaron surely would be. We went outside and slowly headed into the woods before shifting. Both of us were nervous but we knew that this had to be done. Surely enough, I could hear the sound of other wolves approaching us after we got deep enough in the woods, we were very close to the cabin where I was beaten. We stopped and waited for the wolves to approach us but this time it was only two instead of eight. The girl Aaron snapped at was riding on one of their backs; Aaron must have known that we weren't here to fight, we would have lost anyway.

"We know why you are here, I brought both of you some clothes for you to change into," She said while she pulled a plastic bag of clothes from behind herself "We will wait here while you change. Choose any tree that you like."

The people in the Infinity Pack were very sarcastic so I think I might actually fit in. We changed very quickly and walked the rest of the way to the cabin since it was only half of a mile away. No one spoke but it was not an uncomfortable silence. For some reason I felt slightly at peace and I didn't understand why, I was about to try to convince Aaron to let me join his pack and knowing how sadistic he was, he might want to beat me first then let me in.

We reached the cabin relatively quickly and as soon as Lily, the girl and I stepped through the door, the wolves ran away and left us. The girl led us to the same room that Aaron and I had our little altercation in. It was very clean and Aaron was sitting in a chair with two other chairs facing him which I assumed were for Lily and me. The nerves started to kick in but I still felt at peace. I scanned the room to see if anyone else was here other than the three of us since the other girl left.

"Catalina is a beautiful one, isn't she?" Aaron asked but I was confused which he realised, "The girl that brought you in here." He continued.