Chapter Seventeen

Aaron continued talking, giving all of the background information that he knew about both Lily and myself, which was more than I told him, that much I was sure of. Before I knew it, my mind began to wander to happy thoughts and soon I was asleep but I could still hear certain things that were going on around me.

"Maddie! Wake up!" I heard Lily's voice pierce through my dreams.

"Ugh." I groaned and moved my head from on Zack's shoulder.

"You are sleeping a lot. Are you pregnant." She wondered, a smile playing on her lips. I saw Zack smirking in my peripheral vision.

"No, I'm not pregnant." I replied flatly.

"Yet." Zack added. I turned to face him, his smirk was even more prominent than before.

I punched him on the shoulder before muttering, "Behave."

"I always do. I honestly think that you should take up boxing, you're far too ferocious." Zack grumbled and rubbed his shoulder.

"That's just my charm." It was my turn to smirk, he responded by sticking his tongue out at me.

Once everyone was filled in about who I was and how much danger I put all of them in, some of them decided that they wanted to meet the person they were going to fight for. I noticed that the girls and women who were glaring at me previously were now eyeing me with a relieved curiosity after they noticed that I was always with Zackary. I was bombarded with so many questions and so many different personalities that I grew increasingly more overwhelmed as the time went on.

I tried to be as friendly as possible and answer questions as honestly as I could without revealing too much about myself. A lot of persons that I met were really inquisitive, wondering why I left my old pack in the first place, I didn't really feel like explaining so I just told all of them that it was a really long, boring story. About an hour went by after Aaron had finished his announcement before my brother called me back.

He told me he was outside of a restaurant, the same one that Lily as I were in when Travis and his friends were following us. I gave him directions to my house n told him to follow the scent of unfamiliar wolves after he was a couple minutes into the forest. I went on to tell him that I would be waiting for him with clothes and needed to know how many friends were with him. He brought three people along so I knew I had to go to Katherine for spare clothes.

I looked around until I found who I was looking for, dragging Zack behind me. "Do you have any spare clothes? I need four pants and shirts if you do." I asked nicely.

"Yes I do. May I ask who these are for?" She questioned.

"You'll see in thirty minutes, I promise." I smiled.

She disappeared inside of the main pack house but I didn't make a move to follow her, I opted to wait patiently for her return. I didn't give her any sizes but when she returned I deemed that the clothes were suitable enough; they would buy others at a later date. I ran to the entrance of Infinity and into the trees to where I thought the boys would appear any minute.

Ten minutes passed before I heard the loud stomping of wolf paws on the dirt, a smile began to grow on my face. Soon enough, a wolf almost identical to mine burst through the trees, he was much larger than I was because my brother had a lot more muscle mass than I did. My smile soon became a full grin when I saw a light brown wolf, a dark brown wolf and another light brown wolf follow closely behind him. They were Daniel, Nick and Jaden respectively.