Chapter 15- Who?

GALE'S POV

Me and Peeta were making a plan in drama. It is the plan to steal Cato's phone. It's a whole lot more intricate than you would think, because it's just a simple steal, but there's a catch. He has a lock on his phone, so you can't just open it and read all his texts. Plus he's very protective over that phone, and I don't blame him. Whoever he's texting must be pretty interesting to text for at least two hours per night.

Here's the plan.

Step one: When Cato gets back from school, he always sits in the same chair and takes out his phone to do whatever, so I, because Peeta thought I was faster and had a better memory, have to run to the elevator, and hide behind the chair before Cato gets here, and when he sits in the chair, I'll peek my head out and see his passcode. He doesn't have the ability on his phone to use fingerprints, so it's one hundred percent that he will use the passcode unlock.

Step Two: Peeta will create a distraction so I can sneak out from behind the chair. I will sit on my bed, and pretend to start my homework, but what I'm actually doing is writing down his passcode.

Step three: Wait. Cato has football practice later today. Peeta and Marvel do as well, but I never joined football so I don't. Finnick also has Swim, so it will be just me.

Step Four: Cato puts his phone into his bag before he leaves, we know from last year, so Peeta will secretly grab it out of his bag and hand it to me.

Step Five: Because Peeta wanted to look at the texts with me, we have to wait till everyone else goes to bed. We also have to hope that he doesn't notice or he'll be really mad. Let's just say he doesn't have a long fuse.

The plan is almost full proof, but we want to make sure it's even more full proof. Peeta has history with the rest of the squad besides me, Glimmer, and Annie. He's going to explain it to Finnick and Marvel so they don't say anything.

Tick tock. Tick tock.

I stare at the clock in English while the teacher starts explaining something about nursery rhymes. She keeps going on and on about this one though.

"Hickory dickory dock; the mouse went up the clock; the clock strikes one; the mouse went down; hickory dickory dock." She sings for the umpteenth time.

RIIIINNNGGGG!!!!

"Don't forget to memorize the nursery rhyme you chose for-"

I don't even stay for her to finish her sentence before I'm running down the hall straight for the exit. I run out and turn to the right. Our building is right around the corner, and I dart through the parking lot as a short cut.

I enter the building and the lady at the counter greets me. I barely get in a wave before I'm running to the elevator, getting in, and pressing the twelve button. When I get to the top, I press all the floor buttons to slow him down if he's at the bottom, then I press the open doors, so I can get out. Then, I'm down the hall.

I finally get to our room, 1265, and I quickly search through my pockets for the key. When I unlock the door, I hear the elevator ding, so I quickly enter and lock the door, and then I dive behind the arm chair.

I wait for ten, fifteen, twenty minutes, at least that's how long it feels. I make sure my phone is on silent, right when I hear talking from outside the door. They unlock it. Someone opens it and the four boy's talking gets a whole lot louder.

That's when I look to see Cato sitting in the chair, and rummaging through his backpack. When he takes it out I peak my head out to see the passcode. His fingers moved fast, but I could see the numbers. 2023, That's simple enough.