Chapter 1 - Don't Tell On Me

Chapter 1

"Have you already done your homework, Lani?" my mother asked. I rolled my eyes at her, knowing that she wouldn't see because she was outside my room. She always treated me like this. She always treated me like I was some kind of a young princess. I didn't need her to remind me of such things. But even so, I still loved my moth—my parents despite of how overly protective they could get.

"Yes, mom!" I yelled. "And I'm going out tonight!"

"Just be back home before ten o' clock, okay?"

"Okay," I hated having a curfew. I played nice in front of my parents. I was the image of a perfect girl in front of them. I was a straight A student and I always followed their orders. But there was one thing that they didn't know about me.

And I decided for them to never figure it out.

***

"How about that guy?" Kyra, a black girl friend of mine who got curly hair, nudged at a little boy. She liked to show off her piercing on her belly button so don't expect her to wear such long shirts.

"Really?" asked Janice, the exact opposite of Kyra, she's a blonde who likes to cover up her body. She always wore sweatpants and a jacket. But even so, in a girl's opinion, she was still hot. "A toddler? You want us to rob a toddler? Tell me you're kidding, Kyra,"

"Don't blame me for picking the kid," Kyra defended herself, "There's no one here worthy enough of our time,"

"Guys, shut the hell up," said Blaine, our leader who got all the girls lining up to room him. "And Kyra, we can't rob a kid. As simple as that,"

"Whatever you say, boss," Kyra gave up the argument knowing that she would not win against our leader.

A group of guys then caught my attention, "How about those guys?" all my friends turned to look at the direction I was pointing at. If in any case you were wondering, there were six members in our gang. Yes, you're right, I was in a gang and not even my parents knew about it. I was not that dumb enough to tell them of course.

Our gang consisted of six members, me, Kyra, Janice, Blaine, Patrick and Harold. We were all schoolmates. I had different friends in school and none of them knew about me being in a gang. The gang members and I didn't talk to school to avoid suspicion from the society.

"Yummy," Kyra bit her lower lip.

"Hello?" Patrick interrupted Kyra's thoughts. "Your boyfriend's standing right next to you,"

"Just kidding, babe," Kyra smiled at her black boyfriend before pecking his lips. In school, Kyra and Patrick didn't talk to each other. Like I told you earlier, it was to avoid suspicion.

"So..." Harold started. "What's the plan since they're going farther away from us?" Harold was your typical nerd...when inside the school. Once he removed his nerdy glasses, he was one hell of a sight. Just like Blaine, all the girls were out there, ready to room him.

"Easy," Blaine then ordered, "Seduce them then rob something from them. Girls?"

"We're on it," nodded Janice as she dragged me and Kyra to the direction of the boys. After some walking, all of us readied ourselves. Believe it or not, we were an expert in seducing guys. And when I said guys, I was talking about any kind of guys.

"Hey, boys," Kyra went first, making her way beside the short-tanned boy. "What are you guys up to?"

"Just going to take a walk," the tanned boy answered, obviously under the spell of Kyra's charms.

"Great," said Janice as she went beside the tall black haired guy. I pretty much figured out that he was the oldest of them all without even asking.

"How about this," I suggested. "Why don't you tell us all your names first?"

"Dana," the tanned boy excitedly said.

Without a second thought, the guy with Janice blurted out, "Gabe,"

"Will," an Asian guy muttered.

"Cole," a guy who looked like Andrew Garfield introduced.

The last guy with blonde hair and a whole lot of eye liner was indeed having second thoughts about introducing himself to us. After a minute, after eyeing me and my friends up and down, he managed to speak out, "Dalton,"

I believed that these guys were just around my age, a year older or a year younger. But nevertheless, they got the aura of some heartthrobs who made girls cry. I made eye contact with my friends and their eyes showed that they were ready. I walked over Dalton then leaned in closely to whisper something in his ear as my hands made its way to his pockets, "Let me tell you, Dalton," I said seductively. I was frustrated to know that there was nothing inside his pocket so I had no choice but to take what I could get. I slipped my hand into his hand and managed to get something, "You're just a piece of shi—"

"Run!" yelled Janice. Without further ado, we ran away from them. They didn't run to catch us. Maybe they were still shocked for what we just did.

After some running, we finally halted our footsteps. "How'd it go?" we all turned around to look at Blaine with the other guys.

"It went well," answered Kyra. "As usual,"

"What did you manage to get, babe?" asked Patrick as he made his way towards his girlfriend.

"A wallet," Kyra held it out for everyone to see.

"I got another wallet," said Janice. "And with lots of money in it,"

"How about you, Lani?" asked Harold. "What did you get?"

"The blonde guy doesn't have anything inside his pocket," I explained. "Sorry,"

"That's okay," Blaine told me. "There's always next time,"

"Yeah," I nodded. "Next time," and with that, the gang started to walk again whilst I tried to examine the ring that I managed to steal from that Dalton guy. It was just a simple black ring and with me not wanting for it to go to waste, I slipped it on my ring finger.