Chapter 5 - Don't Tell On Me

Chapter 5

"You did it this time," I glared at Dalton and stormed out of their house. He went too far with his tricks. To text Blaine, our gang leader, with something like that, that was going too far.

My phone rang and I felt my body tensed. I saw this coming after all. I ran farther away from Cole's house and hid in a place that was quiet. I shakily placed the phone on my ear, "H—Hello?"

"What did you just text me?" Blaine's voice was low but it was very frightening. I felt his anger rushing towards me through the phone.

"It was nothing," I covered up. How was I to explain to him everything about Dalton? Was I to tell him that the band Dalton was in was the one that we robbed the other day? He would be angry if I got any connection to Dalton. He would think that Dalton's band would blow us up. "I was just messing with you,"

"You are not the type to mess up with the gang leader, Lani," he stated the obvious. I did have a high respect for Blaine unlike Kyra who was known to fool around even if our leader was there.

"I just tried to be Kyra for once. I thought it would be fun," I made up an excuse even if I knew that with that lame reasoning, he wouldn't believe me and I would be out of the gang.

Surely, they wouldn't beat me up. But I did like having my gang around me. It was family itself even if it didn't look like it because we stole and robbed almost everywhere.

Luckily, things were going smoothly for me because he believed that lie, "Just don't do it again. It doesn't suit you. Come here at Road 11,"

"Roger," I said and waited for him to cut the line of our conversation before heading to our meeting place.

I went quickly to the place with just a sentence lingering in my mind.

Damn you, Dalton.

***

When I arrived at the meeting place, every member of the gang was already there, Blaine together with Krya and her boyfriend Patrick, Janice, and then Harold.

"Long time no see, Lani," Krya greeted me.

"Oh come on," I rolled my eyes. "I've been out for only two days! It's not that long,"

"It is that long," Blaine stated.

"We missed you, that's all," Janice said.

"So what do you have in mind today?" I decided to change the topic. I didn't want them asking about why I was gone for the past two days. Good thing that Blaine didn't notice my sudden change of topic. "Bowling?"

"Close enough," Blaine breathed out. "Billiards,"

"My forte," I smirked at them all knowing that they would easily be beaten by me. Playing billiards was a hobby of mine. I couldn't live without it. Of course, my parents didn't know that I could play it. It would really shock them if they knew because billiards was a known adult sport in bars and such.

"We're wasting our time talking here," Harold, without his nerdy look on, pointed out.

"Yeah, guys," Patrick agreed. "We should play already since Lani and Janice have a curfew,"

Out of all the members in the gang, only Janice and I had strict parents. Even though Kyra's a girl, she could go home late because her parents knew that she was together with Patrick. Their relationship was legal even though they didn't talk at school and their parents didn't have an idea that they were in a gang. Yeah...as I said, legal.

***

We arrived at the pool bar and rented a pool table. The place was strictly for eighteen years old and above only. Well, that was why we'd got our fake ID's inside out wallets. Our fake ID's were needed in emergency cases such as this one.

"We girls play stripes," I declared. It was a battle of gender. Krya and Janice were also good in playing billiards. If we focused more, we could totally beat them without breaking a sweat. There was only one person who was difficult to defeat in the other team.

Blaine.

Blaine was the guy who'd got billiard skills close enough to mine. He was a natural. I was the one who taught him how to play this game and he got it perfectly within thirty minutes. When I first started playing this sport, it took me a whole month to perfectly polish my skills. He was a genius, a natural genius.

Blaine was a smart kid in school. He was the real definition of a popular kid. He'd got the looks, the talent, and the brains. He was a high school jock, not the type who bullied other people in movies but he was a good example of a jock...excluded the fact that he was in a gang that stole from other people.

Playing billiards, it took my mind off of IM5, the group Dalton was in. I didn't care about Dana and the others since we got along just fine. But Dalton on the other hand...he was a different story. Wait, I did say that I already took my mind off of them.

Yeah, I didn't. The billiards didn't work in taking my mind off of Dalton.

It wasn't like that I was attracted to him. It was simply because I hated his guts so much that I couldn't get him out of my head.

It was like he was thinking that he could easily order me around like a slave. Well, I was technically his slave because he'd got something against me. But he could at least be a little nicer.

"Let's have real match with something at stake, shall we?" Blaine offered.

"You're on," Krya said.

"This doesn't apply on you though," Blaine told Kyra nicely then looked at me seriously. "The match is for you,"

"You do know that I do not back off when it's a match, right?"

"We all pretty much know that," Janice pointed out.

"If you win, you could be gang leader for the whole two months," Blaine said. Two months? Damn, that was going to be sweet. "But if we, the guys, win, you're going to be my girlfriend for the whole two months, got it?"