Epilogue - Don't Tell On Me

Epilogue

It had been six months since Dalton went solo. He first left IM5 to join another band called Fly Away Hero but it didn't quite work out because everybody went their separate ways. I thought that IM5 would have been better than Fly Away Hero but Dalton left IM5 because he wanted to focus on doing rock music rather than pop.

Too bad that it didn't work out in Fly Away Hero too.

Believe it or not, Dalton and I grew quite close. I would admit that I spent more time with him rather than my own gang...which wasn't really that good of an idea.

I avoided Blaine for the past couple of months because I didn't want to give him any false hopes ever since he confessed that he liked me.

I also didn't want to hurt Blaine because I couldn't deny the fact that I already had feelings for Dalton.

But now, I decided for my own. I decided for what was best. "I'm sorry," I told the members of the gang. We were currently here in our usual hangout. "I don't think that I can do this anymore,"

"What?!" Kyra exclaimed.

"You're quitting the gang?!" Janice yelled.

"I'm sorry," I repeated once again.

"If you're leaving because I told you that I lik—"

I didn't even let Blaine talk, "No. My decision has nothing to do with you liking me. This is a decision that I made for myself, Blaine,"

"But why?" Patrick asked. Harold was in the corner as he remained quiet. I guessed that he knew that I wouldn't change my mind.

I inhaled a huge amount of air then admitted the truth to them, "It's because I fell in love with a guy that we robbed one day."

***

"Where have you been?" that was the first thing Dalton asked me when I met up with him at the park. He texted me to meet up with him but I was half an hour late.

It was painful to part ways with my gang. Before, I thought that I would choose the gang over everything else but I thought wrong. Dalton didn't like me being in a gang so I chose the decision that he preferred. I knew that this pain would subside soon. It wasn't that hard to part ways with them since I wasn't around them that much for the past couple of months anymore.

"I met up with my gang," I smiled at him but my smile didn't reach my eyes.

"Why?" he asked. "Did you rob someone again?"

"No," I shook my head. "I left the gang, Dalton,"

"What?"

"I left the gang," I repeated.

I left it for you.

"Why?" he wondered.

"Because I want to be your manager if ever you become famous," I joked.

"That's a good thought," he said as he was thinking of something deeply. "I don't know if you will consider this a good timing but I have something to ask you, Lani,"

"What is it?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"...Will you be my girlfriend?"

"My parents believe that we are still together," I rolled my eyes. "Don't joke around, Dalton,"

My heart started to beat when I found myself looking into his eyes. His eyes showed complete seriousness, "I know that...but I want our relationship to be official. Do I need to rephrase my question? Well, Lani Richards, will you do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend officially?"

The pain in my chest immediately subsided when I heard his words.

Dalton and I grew closer. I never left his side and he never left mine. I supported all his decisions even though I didn't know why. I sometimes helped him with his studies and I found him rather sweet afterwards. He liked to tease me and being the crybaby that I was, I always got mad at him but...he would be sweet to me afterwards. He would sometimes bring me chocolates if ever I was down. He would take me out on dates and be romantic.

He even wrote me a song.

Maybe I made the right decision of leaving the gang.

"Yes," I flashed him a smile. "And I want to be your manager, okay?"

"It's a deal," and with that, he grabbed my hand and pulled me to his body until his lips met mine.

Our first kiss...and it was surprisingly great.