Chapter 7 - Don't Tell On Me

Chapter 7

"Fancy seeing you here, Dalton," my eyes twitched at his sight inside my very own house. What shocked me the most was to see him eating dinner together with my parents, "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, you're home," my mother said. "Come here and have dinner with us,"

I slowly walked my way towards the dining table and sat on the chair nervously. "Don't you have something to say to us, young lady?" the low tone of my father's voice made my eyes widened.

Was I found out?

Did Dalton tell them that I was in a gang?

Was telling them the truth the reason of why he was here?

"W-What are you talking about, dad?" I stuttered.

"Dalton here..." my father nudged at the blonde. "...told us something that I first expected from you to hear but he came here to tell us instead,"

This was over.

Dalton really sold me out to my parents.

How could he do this to me?

I walked away from him earlier but it was acceptable since he invaded my personal space, right? This was a low blow move...even from him.

First, he texted Blaine that I would quit the gang...and now, he told my parents that I was in one? Why did he want me to suffer this much? Why did he keep getting into my nerves? Did he hate me that much that he couldn't seem to leave me all alone?

I didn't want to be apart from my gang. I loved them like my family. We had got each other's backs ever since we became members of the gang. We were together through thick or thin.

Surely enough, my parents wouldn't let me see them again or in the worst case scenario, they would report them to the school and the school would contact their parents. I didn't want to be the reason of why they would get caught. I didn't want to be the reason of the gang splitting up.

"I don't know wha—"

My mother didn't let me finish my sentence, "Why didn't you tell us that you and Dalton are dating?!"

"Please don't conta—What?" I was in the state of shock because of what I just heard. "D-Dating?"

My eyes fell upon Dalton and I saw him trying to stop himself from laughing. Did he somehow find this situation amusing?

"I'm happy that the two of you are dating," my father commented. "But keep everything to a minimum, alright? Know your limitations as teenagers,"

"Will do, sir," Dalton told my father.

***

"You should have seen the look on your face when you thought that I told them about you being a gang member!" Dalton laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world.

We were currently in a park a few blocks away from my house. Dalton asked my parents if we could go here and they immediately allowed me to go outside since it was Dalton who asked. I didn't know why they trusted Dalton. I also didn't know why they were happy when they found out that we were dating.

"Shut up," I glared at him. I hated his guts so much. He'd got me in the palm of his hand and I couldn't even do anything about it. "Why did you even tell them that you're my boyfriend?"

"It's to make things easier,"

"Easier for what?"

"Easier for tormenting you," he smirked.

"Why do you even bother that much?" I asked. "Why do you enjoy this so much? Isn't it better for the two of us to not see each other at all? As far as I'm concerned, I am not beneficial to your existence, right?"

"Do you hate being with me that much?" his eyes became serious. His mood changed faster than I expected. "Even if you don't feel the same way, I enjoy being with you,"

I couldn't believe my ears. He enjoyed being with me? "Don't kid with me,"

"I'm not," he shrugged. "I find you so intriguing. You struggle to be something you're not. You're struggling to make other people see an image of you that does not even exist,"

"I'm not struggling to be perfect in front of other people," I explained. "Me being in a gang isn't actually accepted in the society that's why I chose to make other people see something that I am not in order to avoid suspicions...and I also don't want to disappoint my parents,"

"And that's why I admire you...you're sure of what you want to do and you do it without a second thought,"

"Is there something wrong?" I frowned. Maybe Dalton was having a problem of his own. It didn't hurt to ask, did it?

"Are you willing to listen?" his eyes lit up. "I am not yet ready to tell this to the rest of the band,"

"Go ahead," I nodded. "If there's anything that I can help you with, I'll try,"

He inhaled deeply then said, "I want to leave IM5."