Chapter 6

Today was the day, Alfred and Arthur were finally getting married. Alfred was waiting at the end of the aisle with Matthew, who was his best man, Gilbert, and Kiku my his side. His hands were beginning to shake and sweat with nerves at the thought of this day finally happening.

Arthur was in a different room, pacing back and forth, trying to calm his nerves before the music would start, signaling for him to walk. He had his suit on and looked into the large mirror and began to mess with his hair, trying to arrange a few stray strands that chose to act wildly. He peeked over at the vase by the door and saw the blue rose sitting inside of it, he wasn't going to carry flowers down the aisle but when he saw the "blue" rose in one of the many wedding catalogs they looked through he couldn't help but think of Alfred. He leaned against the wall and looked at the ceiling, this was it for him. He was going to start the rest of his life with Alfred.

Alfred took a deep breath and looked at his brother who gave him a reassuring look. He looked down the aisle and saw Gilberts old friend Roderick sitting at the piano waiting for his signal to play the song Alfred choose. He didn't want to play the typical song you hear as a woman walks down the aisle, he choose a song he was sure Arthur should know and love. Giving a quick nod to the pianist, see in that everyone was here and seated, Alfred watched the door waiting for him.

Arthur heard his the music begin to play and grabbed the flower from the vase as he straightened himself in the hallway outside the room full of people, he froze for a moment listening to the song being played. "Love Me," by Yiruma, one of his favorite songs, he smiled as he thought about their first date again. Sitting by the lake at night, just listening to whatever played on Arthur's phone. This song had come on and Alfred stood up and brought Arthur into his arms, and they danced to it under the full moon.

The song continued on for a moment and Arthur still hadn't shown up, Alfred was ready to make his own mad dash up the aisle to look for the man but stopped himself as he saw the Englishman round the corner and look up at him. Alfred's shaking hands began to calm down when everything kind of hit him. He was getting ready to marry the love of his life. He was getting married! He was about to start the rest of his life with this man, and he loved it.

Arthur slowly made it to where Alfred was standing and he smiled softly, not breaking his gaze.

Lifting his hand to Arthur's cheek, Alfred slowly caressed it as he looked into his beautiful emerald eyes when Arthur's friend and coworker Francis began to read his directed lines from the book. Alfred tuned him out as he watched Arthur with a loving smile on his face, he just wanted to pull him into a hug then and there and forget everything else.

He began to pay attention when he heard Francis say, "Arthur Kirkland, do you take Alfred Jones to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Arthur smiled with a rosy hue to his cheeks as he answered with "I do," as Alfred pulled the ring from his pocket and slipped it onto Arthur's finger.

"And Alfred Jones, do you take Arthur Kirkland to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Francis asked as he turned to him. Alfred smiled warmly and softly spoke, "I do." Arthur fumbled around in his pocket as he grabbed the ring and slid it onto his finger.

Francis closed the book he was holding and looked at the crowd and stated, "I now pronounce you husband and husband, these two have written their own vows and will now present them to each other."

Arthur took ahold of Alfred's hands and looked up to him and began to say the words that had taken him many nights of repeating to memorize.

"I take you to be my partner for life
I promise above all else to live in truth with you
And to communicate fully and fearlessly,
I give you my hand and my heart
As a sanctuary of warmth and peace
And pledge my love, devotion, faith and honor
As I join my life to yours."

Alfred smiled with a dark blush beginning to cover his own face as he thought about his own vows, he knew they wouldn't sound as good as Arthur's but went with them.

"I promise faithfulness and patience, respect and lightheartedness, attentiveness and self-improvement.
I will celebrate your triumphs, and love you all the more for your failures. Like your cooking, no, definitely your cooking."

Arthur glared at Alfred hearing him criticize his cooking which only earned him a chuckle from the younger man. Taking ahold of Arthur's hand and sliding the other behind his back he dipped Arthur backwards and kissed him fiercely in front of everyone. All of the people in the room clapped and cheered as they pulled apart and stood back up.

Alfred grabbed Arthur's hand and led him back up the aisle to leave for their honeymoon but was stopped as he reached the end of the path. "Don't forget this Alfred," Arthur stated as he handed the american the blue rose.

"Alright everyone! Gather up real quick to catch the rose," he called as all of the eligible gathered behind them. Turning his back Alfred threw the flower behind him and listened to everyone screaming to catch it. He turned around and laughed at seeing who caught it.

It was no other but Matthew Williams, his half brother. The red blush on his face was obvious as he looked around nervously and stopped to look at Gilbert. Alfred had to abandon him though as he pulled Arthur into his arms and carried him outside to the waiting car.

"You bloody git," Arthur growled at him. "Put me down, don't hold me!"

"No can do Artie," Alfred murmured as he looked lovingly into his bright emerald eyes and kissed his husband. He was going to hold his love for this man until the end of time, whether the other wanted him to, or not.

A/N Well, that's the end. Thanks for reading! Hope y'all liked it!