Chapter Fourteen: Welcome Aboard

Here’s Chapter Fourteen! I am very, very sorry for the very, very late update!

========================

(Chapter Fourteen: Welcome Aboard)

“This is Transform 4-2 Bravo. We’re about 10 minutes away from home base,” I hear the pilot say with my eyes closed.

I wake up with a sore neck. My head is tilted at the right, facing the floor. And there is a small amount of drool from the corner of my lips. I quickly sip it back and wipe off the remaining liquid. I blink twice and rub my eyes. Then, I yawn with my hand covering my mouth.

“Hey, kid,” I hear Steve say. I quickly turn to him, who is sitting across from me.

I give him a light smile. “What time is it?” I look at my watch. But then I think it isn’t going to be a help because it is still on Philippine time. I crack my neck.

“Nearly seven in the morning. We’re almost at the helicarrier,” answers Steve. I realize that the time gap is only 12 hours.

“How long was I asleep?”

“About eight hours,” answers Jasper, who is sitting two chairs away from me on my left.

The sun is shining brightly on the window on the ceiling.

I lean forward and look out the windshield of the jet, which is couple of feet away from where I’m seated. I can see a very bright sky and something huge that’s on water. I think it’s a landing pad. It has jets lined up on the sides, some are taking off.

“That’s it,” says Steve.

I turn to him. “What?”

“That’s the helicarrier,” he says, as if he’s addressing me as a four-year-old.

I get excited. I remove my seatbelt and stand up to see the helicarrier better. Based on my research, it can fly.

“Hold on to that cockpit,” says Steve as he points to the thingy on top of the doorframe to the control room.

I do as he says and I lean closer to see the view. It really amazes me, actually. I can’t wait to step onto it while we’re up in the sky. But even if I step on it while we’re up, I think my ears will be all filled with air because of the pressure. Usually, my ears get filled with air whenever I’m on a plane ride. But this plane ride is very different. It didn’t happen to me. My ears didn’t get filled with air. This quinjet must have gotten all of the pressure out.

A few minutes later, we are a couple of meters away from landing on the helicarrier and I’m still standing by the control room, holding the cockpit.

“Ronica, I think you should go back to your seat and put on your seatbelt,” says Jasper. “We’re about to land.”

I release my hand from the cockpit and head back to my seat. “Figured that,” I goofily state. I attach my seatbelt back and wait for us to land.

I can feel the quinjet slowing down and the front portion getting up, making the three of us in the back tilt to our sides. Then, it gets back to level and the next thing I knew, we just landed. The hatch opens up and wind goes in. We all remove our seatbelts and I fix my hair to a ponytail. Then, I clean my glasses with my shirt under my unzipped hoodie. I see the two men stand up so, I did, too. As they walk out of the quinjet, I quickly take my bag and wear one strap over my right shoulder as I follow them, sprinting. As I’m five feet behind Steve, I start to walk slowly. Steve looks behind him and searches for something. Then, he looks at me, surprised.