Chapter Twenty-One: Keeping You Safe

I just want to start this chapter off by saying THANK YOU in all-caps because I'm inexplicably happy for having more than 15, 000 reads in this book... Because of that, I'm more determined and excited to continue writing this.

Also, there's my drawing on the side that I drew a year ago... Hope you like it  y(^-^)y

THANKS AGAIN, GUYS AND I LOVE YOU ALL!!! (3)

Now, read ahead!

=============================

(Chapter Twenty-One: Keeping You Safe)

"So, we're almost at the end, huh?"

I smile benevolently at Mr. Stark's statement, having thoughts that this will be all over and we will be fighting soon. Hopefully, it wouldn't mind them to be out in the field to fight again. Only they know how devastating it must be to save a city from a lot of hostile aliens. How much more if they're going to save a whole country from soldiers with alien-powered devices, let alone their probable leader is Sin who’s a telekinetic, a telepath and a teleporter?

Sitting tiredly on the bench by the wall, I fiddle with the tubes of my oxygen mask on my lap as I watch Mr. Stark modify RAFT on the table from across the room.

I scoff and reply, "I'm not even sure if I should be happy or sad or afraid about it."

He clears his throat before saying, "Let me tell you something. I've been through this; fighting and saving the world and all and all I felt was neither joy nor sadness nor fear but hope."

"Hope," I repeat.

"Hope. Well, and valor." He pauses. "I just hope that I will be able to save the people from the danger they're in and be brave about it." He opens RAFT now, like opening a car's hood.

The door leading to the hallway on my far left opens and Steve appears, making me smile. He enters, not getting his eyes off me. "I'm sorry to interrupt—"

"You're not interrupting," I respond, kind of interrupting him.

"Good to know," he replies as he takes a seat beside me. Then, he eyes Mr. Stark from across the room. "What is that?"

"RAFT," Mr. Stark quickly states.

Steve gives me a clueless look and I just say, "Ronica's Awesome Flying Technology."

He just raises his eyebrows.

"It's a hoverboard we made  a while ago," I explain. Then, I turn to Mr. Stark. "Mr. Stark, can we change 'Awesome' to 'Automated'?"

"Why?"

"It sounds more sophisticated."

He nods his head. "Okay."

"Nice to know you didn't get injured or hurt, Ronica" comments Steve.

I snicker. "Ditto, Captain Rogers. I think I've had enough injuries for now."

"How much time do you have until your resting time?"

"I don't really know," I say, shrugging. "I don't have a watch and my iPod's back at my room."

"Fifteen to twelve," says Mr. Stark, making Steve and I look at him.

"He means fifteen minutes—"