Chapter Twelve: Hey, Steve

So tomorrow’s April 28, the day I watched The Avengers… and Steve and I’s anniversary… XD

So, here’s to celebrate it! :))

============================

(Chapter Twelve: Hey, Steve)

"I'll catch up later," I reply to grandma.

"Suit yourself," she says.

S.H.I.E.L.D. agents help my grandparents at their bags as they head upstairs. I remain in the ground floor and wander around to look for Steve. I want to talk to him more and get to know him better because he's my favorite Avenger and I don't really know but there's something about him that urges me to talk to him. Unfortunately, I didn't find him. I approach Maria and ask him where he is.

"He's at the rooftop, honey," replies Maria.

I run up the stairs to the rooftop. As I set foot at the first step of the stairs to the rooftop, Snowy comes running towards me. I smile at her. Then, we continue to go up. I open the door and look around for Steve. He's on the balcony, leaning his arms on the railing. He's still on the clothes he was on yesterday. The wind blows and his blonde hair flows.

Snowy runs to him. As she reaches him, she sits and barks. He looks at her and leans down to brush her head.

"Hey, girl!" says Steve. I can hear him from this distance. "What are you doing here?"

Snowy turns her head to me and Steve looks along. I feel embarrassed. He might think that I'm spying on him or something. Steve smiles at me and waves. I wave and smile back. Then, I slowly, and awkwardly, walk towards them.

"Good morning," says Steve as he smiles. His blue eyes sparkles.

I find myself mesmerized by his gorgeous face for a couple of seconds. I blink my eyes fast to get out of his trance. Shit! I hope he didn't notice.

"Good morning," I quickly say. Then, I give out an awkward grin. "So, how long have you been up here?" I ask for the sake of awkwardness.

We both lean our arms on the railings and look at the view of the small houses with the morning sky.

"Since six a.m., I think," he answers.

I look at my watch and it's 9 a.m. "Well, you're an early waker," I joke as I look at him. He smiles.

"No. It's just that I have sleeping problems," he answers.

Sleeping problems? "Insomnia?" I ask.

"You could say that," he answers. "So, what made you come up here?"

I shrug and tilt my head. “Well, it’s my house, anyway. I can come up here anytime I want to.” I turn my head to him and look at his face. He’s frowning. He must’ve thought I’m very impolite. Stupid! Have I ever heard the statement ‘Think first before you speak’? Of course I did! I should’ve not been rude. I sounded rude. “And, honestly… you.” Well, he is the first reason why I came up here, anyway.

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

It’s been three hours since Steve Rogers is on the rooftop of Ronica Lorenzo’s house. He’s looking at the view of the busy town of Meycauayan. The town market is already full of people, cars already being driven on the small roads, and kids playing on the streets. Yet, it was a couple of miles away from where he is.

It’s his first time in this country, though. He smiles at the thought of having visited the country since he doesn’t have a wide knowledge about it. He also smiles at the thought of a friend here, who is a thirteen-year-old. Despite her age, he’s very astonished of how brave and courageous she was when they fought together at her school. She is also very polite and welcoming to him and the other S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to her home. And how she is willing to fight for her family.