1.02 Homosexuality Issues

Keep in mine these definitions are from my own words, not Google or someone else's. We all know what homosexual and bisexual means of course, so I know it's not necessary to put those definitions, but I will anyway, so things are organized.

homosexual: A sexual orientation in which an individual is attracted to another of the same sex.

bisexual: A sexual orientation in which an individual is attracted to two sexes, usually female and male.

So the first one I want to discuss is homosexuality and how the media reacts to it. I'll discuss male homosexuality first.

If you're a gay guy, you will face many problems in today's society. Let's review those problems.

1. You're gay? So like do you think he's hot? Do you think I'm hot?
Okay, okay, this is one very important thing people need to understand. Just because someone is attracted to the same gender, does not mean they're attracted to every single person that is that gender. You're straight, are you attracted to everyone that is the opposite gender? Absolutely not. I hope not. Lol.

2. Oh, yeah, I have a lot of gay friends! I totally support you!
This one really isn't that bad I guess, I mean it's nice that some straight people feel the need to add that they're on your side about the situation. But I just want to point out that they'd be happier if you acted like it was not a big deal at all. If you replied, "Oh, okay," then I'm telling you, I promise they'll be happier because it gives them a sense of equality. Like it just becomes another fact you know about them. Yanno?

3. Oh my god, I have a single gay friend, you guys should totally hook up!
Oh well guess what? I have a single straight friend, you guys should hook up too! Wait, what do you mean you won't? Because you're not attracted to every straight person you meet? Oh, but isn't that what you just tried on me?

4. Oh do you have a boyfriend?
Lmao, not every gay guy is taken, though it does seem like that sometimes.

5. Maybe you just haven't found the right girl yet.
Honey, no, I haven't found the right guy yet, and that's why I'm not married. Don't tell me how my life works.

6. Are you sure?
YES. I KNOW I LIKE DUDES. NEXT QUESTION?

8. So when did you choose to be gay?
Well considering I didn't choose, I'm not sure how to answer that question. When did you choose to be straight? Oh, you were born that way? Well. Sounds familiar.

9. How are you going to have kids?
Why is that any of your business? Besides, use your imagination. There's more ways than heterosexual sex to produce a child, and the way that I choose is none of your concern, thank you.

10. Who's the woman in your relationship?
I'm a guy. He's a guy. There is no female. And the fact that you think every relationship has to have a female and masculine role is really offensive. Like it's a homosexual relationship. Come on now.

So guys I hoped you like these slightly humorous explained issues that gay men have to deal with everyday. Try your best to NOT follow these examples, please? All they want is to feel equal, like everyone else. And treating them like they're some rare unicorn type thing is not helping. So yeah, keep these in my mind. Stay tuned for the next chapter, it's on gay women! :) Thanks for reading.