Chapter 2: Wildest Dreams

Anna woke up groaning on her bed. She rolled over, her chest pressing against the sheets, and covered her head with her arms. She felt terrible. Her long dark hair was a tangled mess and she could feel the dried wetness between her thighs.

She groaned out loud again, her husky morning voice muffling into her pillow. Since when did she have a wet dream? The memories of her last night's dream flashed back in her mind and she could almost feel herself getting hot again by just remembering the foreign sensations. She never had that kind of erotic dreams before but she felt it was too good to be true. In fact, it almost felt real.

Almost.

She opened her eyes narrowing at the sight of the sunlight streaming through the blinds of her open window. She instantly thought back to her dream. Because, in her dream, through the open window a shadow entered in the middle of the night.

It was a silent night. The whispering of the trees and leaves were hushing through her window. Her curtains were floating and dancing from the breeze. And there stood a shadow. A stranger.

She was never to speak to a stranger, her grandmother, Lola, had warned her once they settled inside the large house.

Lola took Anna as her own daughter when her parents died during her childhood days. Lola was practically her only family. The old woman raised her and by the time she was about to turn eighteen, Lola brought Anna to the mansion of the McQueen family.

Lola had told her that the McQueen Mansion was her real home. The McQueen family had lived in the large house of dark hallways and dusty rooms through the years. Not only was it mysterious. It was also surrounded by trees. Those strange tall dark trees of the forest. That was what intrigued Anna. The large house seemed very haunted. There must have been something hidden behind its walls and even beneath its grounds.

On the first day that she was brought to the mansion, she was taken to her room and she immediately searched for any skeleton inside her closet.

She found none.

As the days flew by, she had come to love the place as if it was actually the real home she longed for. She had wandered the dark hallways and dusty old rooms. The place was full of memories. Forgotten and buried underground. She had explored the McQueen Garden and found beautiful roses and flowers blooming through the sunlight in the morning and shining under the moonlight at night.

Even though she hadn't come to know the entire place all the days of her life, she felt like she was meant to be there. Still, she could feel something strange about her surroundings. Not to mention the dark forest, the strange woods. As a matter of fact, she could feel something strange about herself.

Lately, she had been becoming wary about her surroundings and then came the shadow of her last night's dream. She shouldn't be thinking about the erotic dream but she was. She couldn't ignore it. The dream was buried in her mind. Planted in her heart. Blooming. Aching.

Shaking her head, hoping her thoughts would vanish, she pushed herself up and sat at the edge of her bed looking so lost. She knew she looked like a mess due to having been tossed around all night.

Stupid wet dream.

Finally, she carefully stood up bare feet on the floor and that was when she felt almost naked. She looked down to see that she was not wearing any underwear. She frowned and quickly thought about the night before if she had forgotten to wear an underwear.

She shook her head no. She never forgets to wear underwear. That would be stupid. She looked back at the bed in confusion and her eyes widened in great disbelief when she saw her underwear completely ripped and destroyed.

Picking it up, she inspected it. Much to her horror, she felt her heart start beating frantically, seeing that her underwear looked like it had been cut and obviously ripped. Then her mind went back to her dream.

She had felt the shadow's teeth grazing the fabric of her underwear and that was how she almost felt like flying all the way to heaven. Like climbing up and reaching the edge of the high cliff and wanting to fall at the peak. She never felt that feeling of utmost satisfaction and relief.

But her heart sank realizing her dream wasn't a dream. She ran to her bathroom faster than a blink and removed the thin shirt she wore, looking at the mirror. What was left of the pieces of her heart fell down her feet and her mouth hung open, eyes so shocked, like a deer caught in headlights.

Because before her eyes, the reflection displayed hickeys all over her neck and shoulders.