And he... caught it?

Their jaws dropped and they froze, they were speechless, could hardly believe it. The kid caught it, actually caught it! Why in the hell hadn't it blown up? They had been waiting for that to happen, but Chase was there, seeming astonished by his own actions, as he held on to Frea's Magic. While Chase was staring amazed at the Magic in his hands, and the soft blue light surrounding the silver, Frea walked up to the young man without Chase noticing.

"Alright kid, you've passed my test." They heard her say as she placed her hand on top of his head, and gave Chase a wide, toothy smile. "I'll teach you my Magic."

Natsu and Gajeel sweatdropped, did Frea just agree to train Chase...? They couldn't even fully wrap their minds about what happened, but they could both tell, Frea seemed a little impressed. How the hell did that happen?

Natsu and Gajeel exchanged a glance, and they silently shared words with each other.

'Chase would be lucky to last a few days with Frea as a teacher,'

They both nodded a little and looked away. It wasn't anything against Frea, but everybody knew that even she had limits to her patience. Frea could only handle so much annoyance, and she wasn't exactly the most gentle person. She was rough half the time, and often found better ways to communicate through actions, rather than words. Though that wasn't always the case, sometimes she used both actions and words, just as Gajeel had found out while he had been on the mission with her a week earlier.

Nobody knew a lot about Frea's training methods, so they couldn't be for sure what she planned on putting Chase through. But there was another question, Frea had never taught anyone her Magic before, so how was the Energy Dragon planning on going about teaching Chase?

They didn't have a clue.

Frea's POV

Chase was staring at Frea with wide eyes, he seemed like he could hardly believe she had agreed. No one had expected her too after all, even she hadn't been expecting to say yes in the beginning, but watching the young man hold his won against both Natsu and Gajeel, even if they had been going easy on him, was pretty impressive. Frea took her Energy Ball from his hands and easily crushed it, letting the glittering pieces of her Magic fall to the ground at their feet.

Chase blinked a few times, before she noticed he looked a little nervous. "Are you sure?" He asked and she only smiled wider. Why was he second-guessing himself now? Did the kid not really fully understand how impressive it was to stand up against two Dragon Slayers?

Frea chuckled a little at the thought, "Yes I'm sure, not just anybody can catch one of my Energy Balls, you know?" She told him, and smiled more as she ruffled up his hair, then turned away. "Come on, if you're gonna be training with me, you have to join Fairy Tail." She explained and he quickly followed her over to the stunned looking Fairy Tail Guild Members. Frea understood what they were feeling, she was surprised too, but she was better at hiding the fact than they were.

Mira and Makarov were the first to recover from their shock, and the white-haired woman lead him inside with a sweet smile, while Frea followed behind with Makarov at her shoulder. Frea sat down at the bar next to Makarov who sat down on top of it while the rest of the Fairy Tail Members filed in. Frea watched silently as Mira talked to Chase, asking him where he wanted his stamp, in what color, and a few other standard questions.

"What's your last name?" Mira asked sweetly and Chase blinked a few times.

"Laec." Chase answered, and Mira smiled as she wrote it down in the book she was holding. Nodding, Mira put the book away and pulled out a stamp.

"Alright, where do you want your Guild Mark, and what color?" Mira asked and Chase thought about it.

"Blue, and right here." Chase answered, as he turned slightly and tapped his left shoulder with a finger. Mira nodded and stamped the mark onto Chase's skin, pulling away to leave a clean symbol there. The Guild had crowded around the bar as they watched Chase curiously. As soon as he was done talking with Mira, people started asking questions. Chase glanced her way, and his deep blue gaze rested on her, Frea smiled and nodded a little, letting him know he could mingle with the Guild and get to know them better.

She honestly didn't have anything to say to him yet, she was trying to figure out how she was going to go about this. How did she plan on teaching Chase? Energy Magic is extremely difficult to learn, she knew that all to well. She was very aware that Master was watching Chase, and she was fairly surprised he hadn't said something yet.

And as the rest of the day dragged on, she had begun to piece together what she would do with Chase, and Master still had not said anything. But Frea had been listening in on the conversations Chase was having with the rest of the Guild. Chase was friendly, and most of the Guild seemed to like him already, but she found it a little odd that whenever he was asked a personal question, like where he used to live, or about his family, Chase found some way to steer away from the topic.

Weird... wonder why he doesn't want to talk about it?

"Are you sure you can train this boy?" Frea glanced over as Makarov asked his question, her Guild Master had finally decided to ask something. Frea smiled a little and sighed.

"Honestly, I'm not sure." She replied truthfully. "He managed to impress me, and if the kid is really committed to doing this," she glanced at Chase who was talking with Natsu. "I think he has a chance."