a u t h o r ' s n o t e # 2

T H A N K Y O U

What a story, what a journey, what a bunch of crazy characters. If you've read up to here, I applaud you, because most people on Wattpad see a 70 chapter story and have a mild heart attack. I can't thank you enough for your support. Waffle Cones was one of my first stories, and the one which established my name as a Wattpad writer.

You guys are amazing human beings and the response to this story has been incredible. I'm writing this author's note in July 2017 to go along with the rewrite, but when I first completed this story in 2015, I never would have imagined having so many readers across the globe, let alone 2.6M reads and 11K followers. I'm so grateful for every one of you. Thank you for reading Waffle Cones!

■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □

Q & A

Q: How did you get the inspiration to write this story? Why did you choose to write about an ice cream parlor? Why is Waffle Cones the title?

A: The inspiration for this story came from a cover. I found a lovely image on a wallpaper app which featured ice cream, so I made a cover out of it. There was a waffle cone on the cover, so I used the temporary title of Waffle Cones. Yes, I know, I'm lazy. I made the cover in May 2015 and never planned to write the story, but here we are.

Fun fact, Waffle Cones is the spinoff of a deleted story. Two months before I began Waffle Cones, I posted a novel called Plated Desserts, which featured Erin and Alex as mains. They met at a store named Frosted Delights, which I later changed to Waffle Cones. Since I deleted their story, I featured them as recurring characters in Waffle Cones instead. Oh, also, Plated Desserts will not be continued. I lost inspiration for it years ago and I prefer Erin and Alex as side characters rather than mains anyway.

Another source of inspiration for Waffle Cones was a frozen yoghurt store which opened in my local shopping centre at the time. The dialogue format was inspired by Pizzeria Boy by @mercurially on Wattpad.

Q: Do you prefer writing dialogue or prose?

A: I find dialogue far easier to write, and the chapters only take ten minutes each, compared to the eight hours of suffering I endure to write a prose chapter. However, I also have a stronger sense of accomplishment after finishing a prose chapter, since my word count is higher than Snoop Dogg, or rather, Scoop Dogg, before a stage show.

I totally stole that roast from Daniel Howell, but that won't stop me from using the iconic Lumière dab™ to fuel my own ego:

Anyway, I prefer to alternate between the two because I get bored, so I often switch between writing dialogue stories and novels!