Chapter 18

"So you're just gonna try to sneak into my room without even talking to me?" Rocky looked hurt.

I couldn't talk to him. If I would have said something, I would have cried. He wasn't gonna see me cry.

"I know you were in my room. You're wearing clothes that were in there. I also heard you close the door on your way out." He continued.

I turned away and finished applying my makeup.

"So you're just going to ignore me?" He stepped closer.

I shrugged. "You were fine with ignoring me." I held back my shaking voice.

"Ashley." He stepped right in front of me. "I want to talk about this." He pulled my chin so I was looking him in the eyes. "Please talk to me."

I pulled my face out of his hand. "You had your chance to talk, Rocky. You didn't have anything to say to me. I'm moving on and I think you should to."

I could tell he was hurt, but he hurt me too. He didn't mean it. He just didn't like seeing me with Ross, he never has.

"You're not even gonna let me speak?"

I started digging my nails into my hands. "You didn't want to speak to me yesterday, I don't want to speak to you today." That was all I had to say.

Rocky slowly stepped away from me. He was taking deep breaths. I had just glanced up at him when I watched him put his fist through the wall.

"Rocky!" I squealed.

Rose and Rory started crying at the sudden noise. Rocky pulled his fist out of the wall and tried flexing it. It looked like he broke something.

I went to move toward him, to comfort him, but he took off out the door, slamming it behind him.

I ran to the cribs to quiet the twins when Ross came barging through the door.

"What happened?" He almost screamed. His eyes moved to the new hole in his wall. "Did you do that?"

"Rocky did it. He was angry." I said, picking up a baby in each arm.

"Why is he so angry? Are you ok? Did he hurt you?"

"I wouldn't talk to him. I'm fine. He would never hurt me."

He relaxed a little. "Is he ok?"

"It looked like he broke something in his hand. I went to help him, but he ran out."

"I'll go check on him."

Ross turned to leave, but stopped when we heard a car start and speed out of the driveway, surely leaving skid marks behind it.

"Maybe I won't be checking on him." Ross said slowly.

I put the twins down and tried to think about what just happened.

"What do we do?" I whispered.

"I don't know where he went. If he's smart he went to the hospital." He went out in the hallway and yelled to Rydel. "We'll be leaving soon, Rydel!"

"We're just gonna leave?" I asked.

"What else are we gonna do? He's twenty-one now, he can take care of himself."

"He might have seriously hurt himself."

"I'll tell you what." He put his hands on my shoulders. "If he's not back by the time we get back from our date, I will go look for him. If you really want to, you can come to."