Chapter 15

We had to wake up bright and early to get a head start on our day. Driving would be a two day event, but it was the easiest way to do it. Riker and a handful of moving guys loaded all of our stuff into the U-haul while I buckled Rory and Rose into my car that the U-Haul was connected to.

"Ready to go?" Riker swung an arm around my shoulders and used the back of his hand to wipe sweat off of his face.

I closed the car door. "I don't know. I feel weird about leaving."

"Why do you feel weird?"

"Ya know." I turned to face him. "Brittany's mad at me and I'm leaving my only family here."

"That's not true." He pulled me into his sweaty chest. "Rory and Rose are coming with us and I'm here too."

"My moms still here."

"Your mom can visit or you can come back to see her. It's not like I'm going to hold you captive." His lips moved to my ear. "Unless you're into that."

"What about Brittany?"

"If you're into that, she can join."

I pushed him backwards. "You know what I mean. She's still pissed off at me."

"She hasn't called me yet. She said she would when she talked to Ryland. Maybe she can't bring herself to call him yet. He did technically cheat on her. You cheated on me too."

"We never officially said we were a thing." I argued. "I technically didn't cheat on anyone."

He shot me a look.

"Last time I said I was dating Ross it didn't end well. I don't want to be officially dating anyone right now."

"You know that's not true." He moved closer. "You want me."

"It doesn't matter what I want." I pushed his lips back. "I can't have it. I'm going to be living with you three. I can't just choose who I'm gonna stick to the whole time."

"Now isn't the time to argue about this." He pulled away angrily. "I'm gonna go make sure there's nothing left to pack."

I watched as he stormed off into the house. Mom walked out, glancing over her shoulder.

"What's his problem?" She asked.

"I don't want to talk about it." I looked away.

"I don't want you leaving here with Riker angry. You will be with him on the road for two days."

"He's just mad because I don't want to be considered as a couple." I shrugged her off. "I'm more worried about leaving with Brittany mad at me. I wish I could fix this."

She wrapped her arms around me. "I'm sorry. I know how sorry you are about the whole thing. You could always try stopping at her house before you leave."

"I don't know. Last time she tried to attack me."

"It's probably your best chance."

I sighed. "I figured."

Riker came back out of the house holding my purse and the shirt he had taken off earlier. "That's everything." He set my purse down on the passenger seat.

"Alright. I guess we should get going." I turned to mom. "Bye." I whispered.

She pulled me into a hug. I could have sworn she had broken a few bones with it.

"I love you." She said into my hair. "Please be careful and call me every chance you get."

"I promise I will. I love you too."