FOUR • THE SUPER HERO SQUAD

Axel's P.O.V.:

"What do you mean she is more than you can handle? I gave you distinct orders, now do as I say!" I roared, shutting KitKat up. She could be a fireball, but that had never scared me. It only enraged me more that she thought that she could overpower me. There was a reason for why I was at the top and her being impudent was not going to stop me from carrying out my carefully thought out plans. Iron Claws gave the phone back to Cupid and that was when he thought it was okay to ceaselessly yammer about the current failing plan. I had to breathe in and out slowly, like how my therapist had told me to control my anger. The two of them could never do anything right together. In fact, I was considering having separate alliances with both of them. Maybe then it will be easier to conduct my precious, and time consuming, plans.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever you say. Yes, I did. Okay, I'll see you then. Alright. Catch you later." I dismissed Cupid's whiny voice from the other side of the telephone. Apparently, our little test subject was freaking out. I could hear the muffled screaming on the other end and flinched by the piercing sounds. I mean seriously, could he not tone her down? My eyes rolled irritatedly, he was a wuss. I hung up without a second thought. Why was I the one who had to do everything? I grabbed a granny apple from the kitchen counter and pulled my wallet out. Inside of the leather billfold was a folded up napkin where an address was scribbled on. I had to narrow my eyes first before I could actually read it. I translated the illegible chicken scratch as 122 Aberdeen Street. Did I have to teach Cupid how to write also?

My eyes flickered over to the doorframe. Lilian was strolling in tiredly. She had not bothered to brush her rat's nest or those so-called "Gucci bags" she insisted on me calling them, but knew that I never would, were even more visible than before. It looks like she had a rough night also.

"Morning." She said in the midst of a yawn. She stretched a bit before opening the fridge next to me. I had already shoved the already crumbled paper into my back pocket. I slipped both my hands down the pockets in reassurance that I had not actually let it drop on the floor. However, the soft paper was felt in between my fingers, and it seemed that I could breathe easier. 122 Aberdeen Street was the location I was about to hurry down to since Cupid could not handle anything.

"Morning to you too," I replied quietly. I had to go, but I could tell there was something she wanted to talk about. That raised a flag inside of me that I absolutely needed to leave as soon as possible. I took a few steps backward ever-so-slowly towards the entrance as she was pouring milk into her cereal.

"Where are you going?" She asked without having to turn around. I cringed, disappointed that I had to delay my departure. She then changed her position to see me and jumped onto the counter to eat her cereal. There was a table right in front of her with perfectly usable chairs, it baffled me as to why she never used them. She was always perched on the counter for some odd reason. "I thought we could have a little chat."

"I can't." I cut it short, not bothering to give her a softer excuse. But the way her face had fallen from the sleepy-but-happy daze made me do somewhat of an apology to make up for it."Sorry."

I had left her in her quiet daze, resting next to her window plants. I heard her shifting as I closed the apartment door. Thank god I was able to leave in time before she began telling me about some story I could have cared less about. Now was the time to go teach those delinquents what it means to do hard and efficient work.

Lily's P.O.V.:

My heart raced a hundred miles per second as I crept block to block, eyes wide as I couldn't believe what I was doing. Axel stepped out on to the busy street. Annoyed that he kept forcing me to go to the next few buildings just to catch a glimpse of where he was going, I exhaled a stiff huff. I had overheard him earlier this morning that some plan of his was going wrong. It was easy to infer that he was annoyed because he had to go and fix it. At a time like this - I had only dreamed of these scenarios before - my curiosity sparked and blazed into a wildfire. Albert, my dear houseplant, gave me hints into what Axel's plan was. The information I found useful was that there was a female screaming on the other side of the phone call. It made me sick to my stomach. There was nothing worse than a damsel in distress imprisoned by the city's worst super villain. That was when my super sense burned inside of me and spread throughout my body. I had decided to follow him, but I had to first analyze my opponent, which was why I had walked into the kitchen, acting like a sleepy college student that I normally was.