"What are you talking about? I told you last night I don't remember what happened!"

"But now there's more blood on your face!"

"What?" I sniffed the air and was instantly drowned in its smell. "When did this happen?!" I wiped my face trying to clean it off. I've woken up with drool on my face before, but this was a new one. Luke grabbed my wrist and half dragged half lead me to the closest bathroom. Before my family could enter, Emerald locked the door.

"Hey! Luke open the door!" Mom knocked outside but he ignored her.

"Hurry up and wash your face. The others definitely can't see you like this." I turned on the warm water and went to work scrubbing away the color. My head still ached and all that sudden movement wasn't helping either.

"So this is what a hangover feels like..." I mumbled to myself in the mirror, man did I look ragged.

"It practically is, for beasts who haven't fed in a long time." Luke leaned against the wall.

"Beast? Really?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "What are you doing anyways? I'm a big girl, I can wash up myself thank you."

"Should I call you mutt then?"

"Or you can call me by my name like a normal human being." I suggested, drying my face.

"Your kind doesn't deserve to be treated like human beings." Emerald glared at me coldly.

"My kind?!" I bolted straight up.

"Save the stupid act for your family! You know exactly what I'm talking about." He stormed up to me, stopping only inches away.

"Enlighten me kind sir." My face said happy, my eyes? Exasperation.

"Your feeding frenzy from last night? I almost had to put a muzzle on you to keep you from howling."

"What are you talking about?!" I felt his anger rise as his eyes searched mine for a tell, signaling him that I was just screwing around with him.

"You honestly don't remember?" Luke's volume dropped, his eyebrows furrowed together.

"Don't remember what? All I remember was you trying to kill me, saying goodnight to my sisters, and then...it gets fuzzy..." The more I tried to recall the events of last night, the more uneasy I felt. "What happened to me?"

"I had to feed you before you lost control of yourself."

"Feed me?"

"Meat, hence the blood."

"I ate RAW MEAT?!" He covered my mouth with his hand and listened in the direction of the door.

"Yes, that's all your body would accept during that time. Fay, you're not human, you're a werewolf." Biting back the urge to laugh I stared at Emerald, he was what? Three? Four inches taller than me?

"How old are we again?"

"I'm being serious." He frowned, obviously not as amused as I now was.

"There's no such thing as..." Yes, apparently there is, I witnessed it all myself. "But I'm not..." My voice trailed off again; a mental image of a tail, fangs, and claws momentarily took my mind's eye hostage.

"I don't know why you can't remember, but judging from that look on your face, you've come to accept reality."

"But my family, they're not? Are they?" Luke shook his head while I stepped back, running my hands through my hair.

"They're human, and still unable to See clearly."

"How am I the only one then?" I didn't need to ask. My little sisters and I have different dads. Or maybe I was bitten before and I just don't remember? Isn't that how it usually goes?