Never Looking Down

Louis' P. O. V.

After Zayn had fallen asleep I got up to leave the room. First thing I opened the door I saw Harry, Liam, and Niall leaning against the wall across from the door.

"You know it's rude to listen in on other people's conversations." I said as I closed the door behind. Once it was shut I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned against it.

Liam was the first on to jump to their own defense. "We didn't listen. I swear. Well, at least not to what you were saying. It was just nice to know that he was talking. We couldn't understand a word through that door." Harry and Niall both nod their heads in agreement to this.

I sigh and run my hand through my hair. "Maybe you guys should have been listening." I'm not sure that I should tell them but I feel that if I did, I'd be even closer to getting Zayn out of that bed and finally get to see him happy again.

Harry gives me a confused look, trying to figure out what I meant but it was Niall who actually voiced his question.

"What do you mean?"

I just walked past them into the living room hoping they'd get that I wanted them to follow me. They did and once we got to the living room and all sat down I started talking.

"Zayn finally admitted to me what was wrong." They all gasped and I rolled my eyes as Liam sat forward.

"What is it? Is he okay?" Liam and as I saw worry grow on each of their faces.

"He's... He's fine. I guess. From what he said he was afraid of losing me. That was part of the problem."

"I swear to God, Louis, if you have him any reason to believe that I will personally see to it that you end up six feet under and I won't even bother to make sure you're dead first." Liam stood up and jabbed his finger in my chest as he said that.

"I didn't! I swear! It was something on his part that made him scared!"

It got really quite in the room and I saw Niall picking at his nails. I guess we all had one of those nervous habits.

"What was it, Lou?" Harry asked and I wasn't sure that I wanted to tell them anymore. But I knew I had to if I was going to get anywhere in this situation.

"Zayn... Zayn admitted to liking.... Someone... Well... Many someones... Aside from myself..." I was looking at my hands on my lap as I said that but looked up when I said, "Three other someones to be clearer. In fact, you three to be exact."