I Was Reminiscing Just The Other Day

Louis' P.O.V.

"You know what, Zayn?! Fine! Leave! We don't need you! But don't expect us to take you in when you come crawling back!"

"What did you expect, Louis?! You knew I didn't want to be here! You should be happy for me! I'm finally free to do what I want and be with who I want without some dictator telling me I can or can't!"

"Well I just thought that maybe we'd be worth risking it!"

Zayn and I have been yelling at each other for the past hour while he packed his bags. Liam, Niall, and Harry went out to get food but I wanted to stay and see if I could convince Zayn to stay.

I have, so far, been unsuccessful.

"Zayn, please." I plead with him, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"No! Louis! You can't make me stay here! There's nothing here for me!" He turns around and yells in my face.

"So that's how it works, huh?! Your wants come above the rest of us now?! You have to have your way but just leave us to suffer?!" I yell right back.

"Well it's either that or you get your way and I suffer! What do you want me to do, Louis?!" He yells and takes his suitcase off the bed and drops it on the floor.

"I want you to man up and realize that you're not the-" at that I was cut off. Suddenly, I couldn't get anything out because something was covering my mouth.

Zayn's mouth.

What the hell is happening?! Why is Zayn kissing me?! Nothing is making sense!!!!

Zayn pulls back but just to the point where our foreheads are resting against each other.

"What the hell was that?" I ask quietly.

"I don't know, but could we do it again?" 

I answered him by slamming my mouth against his.

I start pushing him backwards until his legs hit the edge of his bed and we fall backwards. Zayn starts messing with the hem of my shirt then starts pulling it up. We pull apart just long enough to get my shirt over my head then he does the same.

He starts messing with the buckle of my belt and I pull back slightly and say, "This isn't gonna end well."

"I don't care."
**************************************˚************

I wake up to a pounding on the door.

"Louis? Zayn? You still in there?"

Zayn!

I roll over and there he is. Just sleeping away. Per usual.

I get up and throw on my clothes and head to the door.

I open it and tell Liam, "Yeah. Sorry. We got wrapped up in our conversation last night."

"Did you change his mind?" Liam asks, sounding hopeful.

"Um?" I glace back at Zayn laying in the bed. "I don't know?"

"Louis?!" Liam groans rubbing his hand over his face.

"Look. I'll talk to him when he wakes up, but I'm going to get him pain medication right now for when he wakes up cause he's gonna be sore." I say, walking off.

"Wait, why?" Liam asks.

"Um... well... we were yelling at each other all night. Duh." I say before quickly heading towards the bathroom to get the medicine.

When I get back to the room Zayn is sitting up and wincing.

"Hey, here." I say handing him the medicine and the glass of water I had also grabbed while I was downstairs.

"Thanks." He says taking them from my hands.

"How'd ya sleep?" I ask as I sit next to him on the bed.

"Pretty good. You?"

"Same." I say.

It's quiet for about 5 minutes before I say, "Zayn? Liam said I had to talk to you. Are you still leaving?"

"I don't know." He says before running a hand over his face. "I'll stay for a bit longer now, but I don't know how long. I guess the stress was getting to me."

"Yeah. Same. Another thing I need to talk to you about."

"Yeah?"

"What do you think of friends with benefits? Cause honestly, judging by last night, we could both use this."

"Well, honestly, I have to agree. There will have to be conditions, of course."

"No, yeah! I agree. So?" I say, waiting for him to list his rules.

"Okay, one thing is if one of us asks the other has to agree no matter what time it is otherwise it's not fair. There isn't going to be an  'I can't right now.'  You drop what you're doing and go. Next is that there are no strings attached. If someone starts feeling emotionally attached, we both have to back off. This will simply be to blow off steam. Are we in agreement?"

I thought over his conditions. "Yeah, I can agree to that."

"Good. Now, I'm hungry so can we go eat?" He asks starting to get up.

"Yeah, let's go."

We got down to the kitchen and Niall asks, "Why ya limping, Zee?"

"I hit my knee on the counter this morning."

"Oh, okay."

Proofread: December 18th, 2017