Chapter 20-Lost words

I glanced warily at Storm. I trusted him, yes. But what I didn't like about him was his obedience. He blindly followed his human's orders and his father's. He caught me staring and I quickly looked away. North was close behind us. Glaring daggers at him. Midnight was trying to get the Alpha's attention. Trying to shove himself between me and Storm. Discussing battle plans. But I didn't want to hear any of it. Twilight was standing next to her brother. Her silver eyes glazed... But with what? Worry? Sadness? I shook my head. I walked over at Lily which was still sitting down in the roots of a huge most tree. My paw steps silent as wind as I walked over her.

"Lily?" I asked softly.

"Yeah?" She answered quietly as her blue eyes turned to me. I sat down in the mushy dirt.

"What do you think..... About Storm..?" I asked nervously and she sighed.

"The wolf he's become.... He's distant... Mystic, don't kill me but.... He doesn't like you. Not anymore..."she whispered and watched my reaction. I just turned my head away from her.

"I know.... But it's worth a fight. For the short time I knew him... The real him. He was perfect. I want that again" I breathed and looked back at her. My human watched me with curious eyes.

"I understand. If you want to fight for him. I'll be there with, and for you" she told me and patted my head.

"And it looks like you got an admirer" she teased and motioned to the wolves. I groaned and looked. North was looking at me with yellow eyes. Great, he was a good wolf and all but... I barely knew him. And.... And what else? I couldn't find anymore excuses. I shook my head. No, I had a mate. I had someone I loved and cared for.

But he didn't reflect the feelings

I sighed and got up. I padded up to Twilight.

"Hey, Twilight..... Which way should we go..?" I asked her she looked up, her silver eyes unlike her brother. Her dark fur contrasting them beautifully.

"Well, my grandmother should be in those mountains up there" she pointed with her snout. To the far away mountains in the horizon. I stiffened a groan. Ok, time to tell the "Alpha"

"Alpha Storm?" I called out and he turned. He looked at me with those silver eyes....

"Yeah, Mystic?" He asked. He looked kinda surprised that I was speaking with him..oh well. Another thing to think about. But for later.

"The Oracle lives in those mountains. Now, you can come or you can stay here with the pack. Pine is leading the pack now."

"Wait, your letting Pine lead the pack now? That's what she's always wanted! She's-" he started rattling of words nonstop. I sighed and cut him of.

"She's not you. Now, go back to the pack or you can come with us." I said softly. He was very hyper sometimes but I could handle it. I always have.

"I can't go with you. I have to go to the pack!" He barked. I had forgotten Midnight was with us.

"Mystic's mom is there. You can trust her" he growled.

"Oh, you forget to mention that sooner!" I exclaimed dramatically.

"What of these newcomers?! You just met them... What? Yesterday?" Storm snarled. His silver eyes not like I remembered them. I took a deep breath.

"If you respect me. Don't protect me. You can tell me. I can handle it. Stop pretending.... Cause we're going down...if you let go then just let go. It's disrespectful, how you've handled it. Never ending... Kinda run around..." I breathed and they all stared at me blankly.