Chapter 14

Chapter 14

[ Enjoy...

.

.

.

;) ]

After Dr. Peterson's surprise diagnosis, neither of the boys much wanted to go out. Both were quite content to go home and continue their cuddle session from earlier.

So that's exactly what they did.

Niall and Zayn found themselves curled up in each other's familiar arms, chatting, laughing, touching. They didn't feel like discussing what the psychiatrist had told them before. Zayn was getting better, and that's all that mattered. The moment was all about them, together. Nothing else.

As the conversation trailed off, a thought came to Niall's mind.

"Zayn?" he ventured.

The darker lad's arms rested lightly around Niall's midsection and skimmed his back, sending waves of pleasure rolling through the younger.

"Yes, baby?" Zayn replied, cupping Niall's jaw in his warm hands. He brushed his slender fingers over the soft flesh pulled taut over Niall's cheek bones and leaned in to press a loving kiss to the boy's nose.

"I love you," he whispered, staring into Zayn's golden eyes intensely.

"I love you too," Zayn told him with a chuckle. Niall was far too cute.

"No, I mean I really, really love you," he said, his gaze never once leaving Zayn's. He wanted the older boy to be able to see just how honest he was being so there was no doubt in his love's mind. "I don't care who you used to be, I don't care what you've done. I love you, Zayn, and whatever comes next in this fucked-up love story of ours, I'm glad I'll get to share it with you. I love you, and nothing can change my mind."

Zayn's movements against Niall's skin ceased and he stared into the boy's eyes, utterly speechless. His eyes pricked with tears and a lump formed in the back of his throat.

"Niall, I--" he tried to choke out as tears began streaming down his face.

"If you're about to tell me what a monster you are again, I'll kick your ass," Niall told him, only half-joking.

"N-no," Zayn sobbed. He sat up, taking Niall with him. "I l-love you t-too. So much. Thank you. For sticking with me, for caring for me, for loving me, even after all I've done. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. You've changed me for the better and I don't know what I've done to deserve you. And now that I have you, I never want to let you go."

'This is it,' Zayn thought to himself. 'Now's the moment.'

"N-Niall," he said shakily. "Will you... will you be my boyfriend?"

Niall made a face as if he was contemplating Zayn's question, then burst into a face-splitting grin. "Hmmm, although that last bit was incredibly cheesy, yes. I'd love to be your boyfriend," he said, pulling Zayn in for a kiss.

Zayn returned the lip-lock eagerly. He pressed closer to Niall and gently pushed him down onto his back, crawling on top of him without breaking the kiss. Niall arched his back off the sheets and into Zayn's body, eliciting a low moan from the older boy.

Zayn supported himself with one hand and trailed the other one up and down the creamy flesh of Niall's side, leaving a trail of goosebumps in its wake.

The kiss began to get more heated by the second. Zayn's lips left Niall's and trailed a burning path from his jaw to his neck. The older lad made quick work of finding his boyfriend's sweet spot, making the Irish boy moan out his approval. Zayn smirked and sucked at the spot right below Niall's ear, turning it a dark shade of purple. When his work of art was finished, he swiped his tongue over the angry patch of skin to soothe it.