I Can't Give Him Up... - Part 14

[Short one - wasn't really needed in the story so I thought I'd do it and put it up. Is cute BelindaxKeith moment! I know, I wanted them to end up together from book one really. I just love making you guys sweat it. Heh, so comment on the chapter, the meanness of me...ANYTHING. Show me some love people! Happy Reading! ^_^]

"Oh, wow, that's so much easier than I thought. Thanks, really."

"No problem. And if you get stuck, I'll help out. Just, you know, try to keep up now, okay?"

"Haha, very funny Belinda." He rolled his eyes, and flicked his pen lid at her. She giggled and stuck her tongue out at him. "Yeah, real mature. Tell me, is Maggie the fifteen-year-old, or are you?"

"Oh, I'm not fifteen. My birthday was like a week ago. I'm officially sixteen now. Legal, if you know what I mean."

Keith blushed a little before realising what she meant. "Wait, you missed your birthday?! What the hell? How come you're not really mad?"

"Because, it's just a birthday. Besides, it's never much fun anyway."

"Yeah, but your sixteenth...and like you said, legal..." he trailed off blushing.

Belinda laughed, messing with his hair. "To buy a lottery ticket, duh. Or did you have something else in mind?"

Keith just kept blushing, trying not to pay attention to that weird little tingling in his stomach. He just brushed his fingers through his hair, smoothing it back again. She reached for it again but he just caught her fingers, pushing her hand down. She stopped laughing, the smile becoming less obvious. He tugged on her hand, pulling her toward him. It was so much easier now, to just let his lips fit to hers, to run his hand up her neck and pull her closer.

Belinda gave a small squeak of surprise before kissing back, her mind fizzing. Hell, everything melted inside when he crushed his lips to hers, making her weak and light headed. The only thing that stopped her from turning into a puddle was the electricity coursing between them, the way his hand couldn't seem to stop running through her hair. The way his other hand was roaming freely around her stomach.

"Belinda? Are you going to come meet my cat or should I bring her down to you?"

Belinda broke away abruptly, her breathing coming fast and hard. Her eyes were open now, looking into Keith's. He looked vaguely annoyed but mostly dazed, like he couldn't believe what had just happened. In a good way. He kissed her briefly, sweetly, before helping her to stand.

"You know, for a psychic, she really does pick her moments..." Keith murmured before saying goodnight and going to his room. Belinda laughed softly before knocking gently on Maggie's door. Maggie let her in immediately, dragging her to look at the cat, nattering about how she didn't know what to call it. Belinda smiled before getting herself stuck into choosing a name.

Keith lay on his bed, grinning at the ceiling. He had thought it would take some convincing to get her to kiss him again. He had honestly thought that he had made such a monumental bodge-job of it that she wouldn't want to go near him. And yet...he let his mind wander back to the kiss, the way she had tasted. He grinned happily before rolling over to get some sleep. He actually couldn't wait for school tomorrow...