Chapter 21: Lies In The Form Of Sapphire Eyes

VId to the right>

~Cuz I will be the death of you.

~Is it over yet in my head?

**************************************************************************************

I woke up in a completely pink room and a pain in my jaw. I touched the spot gingerly, to get a shot of pain.

Ugh, I’m too tired to care.

I rubbed my eyes, and shifted on the bed, feeling something scratch my thigh. I pulled the covers off to see a pink envelope in the waist band of my underwear. That’s right I said underwear. I’m only wearing a bra and panties. The bra definitely isn’t mine, and is practically a see through red. The underwear…

Has a rubber ducky on them.

“Ugh!” I yelled, angrily sitting up and ripping the letter open. I unfolded the letter, to find two pieces of paper. I started to read the one on the top first.

Dear Rubber Ducky… I mean Prisoner,

ARGH!!!!!

You caught up on some much needed sleep, a century’s worth of sleep actually. You did resemble a raccoon before, so hopefully the sleep helped. My family is having a Halloween masquerade/costume party on Friday, which you will be attending. Hopefully I will be back by then. This time I won’t be picking out your costume, and you may wear anything you want. I would personally prefer the outfit you are wearing now.

I huffed out a breath. His letters are really getting more difficult to wear.

You will also re-start the etiquette classes once again, since you keep ‘forgetting.’ I don’t believe for a moment you had mono, and couldn’t attend one of the dress rehearsals. The Annual Auction is Novemember 15th, so you need to be prepared for it. Make the real Natalie Change proud.

 Even though you did compliment me multiple times yesterday, and humored me, you misbehaved pretty badly. I’m sure you have forgotten, but I never will. When you fell asleep, you woke up in the middle of the night, and started touching me in places I very much enjoyed. I didn’t want to disturb your sleeping pattern of course, so I let you do whatever you wanted.

I squeezed my sinuses, starting to get a migraine. A second paper is behind it,

If you’re reading this and I’m not with you, then I went to see the King. I should return either tomorrow, or Friday if he is busy, which he probably will. I left the family centuries ago, because of my own selfishness, and my return has made my Father very angry. I really don’t know if I am able to write this on paper, because I fear that information will be held against you, and you will end up telling them everything.

Who's them?

The men that attacked you at the Market were actually there to kill me. I knew they were in there, and I sent you to distract them. I didn’t know how many there were, or if they how capable they could be of killing me.  I don’t regret my decision, because the plan worked. They smelled my scent on you, and so they thought you could be nice bait. As soon as one of them touched you I knew the amount of attackers, and how strong they were. You put up a good fight, but we need to work on it, because once that guy sat on you, you pretty much gave up.