Chapter 2.

If that didn't stur you from your near zombified sleep-deprived state, nothing would. And it did.

Just as the book said, the floor had dissapeared.

The sound of rushing wind enveloped my ears until I could've sworn it was screaming.

You were falling rapidly into darkness, yet you could still see your hands and legs as you fell. As if you were a puppet on broken strings. The more I thrashed desperately looking for a foothold or a grasping point to stop my inevitable end, the faster I seemed to fall.

What the hell?

What the hell?!

Whatthehell!?!

WHAT THE F-

A sudden bright light flashed, reaching up as if to catch me. The winds screams were almost deafening now.

In an instant I was engulfed in white. I couldn't see my anything anymore, and what after seemed like millenia still falling -

*POMF!*

- you fell hard onto something soft. It was over. You'd stopped. But the wind was still so strong, down here.

"Hey. Hey . . . ! Quit the screaming!"

Whatever I've landing on is covering me! It was everywhere, but I couldn't see it. Just white.

My heartbeat quickened. Was I going to suffocate in . . . whatever this was?

"Geez, for the love of - !"

Something grasped and tugged at my arm. I blinked and I was free of the whiteness. In its place. A man. Older and somewhat odder looking than any i'd ever seen before him.

"I said - " His gruff voice echoing in my ears and melding into the screams of the wind,

"Knock. Off. The. Screaming!"

Each word accompanied by a bump on the head.

The screams stopped. Wait. Was I then one screaming? I'd never screamed like that before. I felt kind of embarressed.

I was bout to thank the guy for stopping me when -

Look at him closer.

Go to Chapter 15.