Chapter 7: Up Sides and Down Sides

Comenzar desde el principio

"So, Adrian still off doing interviews?" Amber asked after taking a bite from her usual PB & J sandwich.

I swallowed the chip I was currently chewing before answering, "Yup. That and other various ways of keeping that heartthrob image of his."

Amber laughed loudly and slightly choked on her sandwich. I rolled my eyes at her with a amused smile. Amber is Amber. The others returned shortly with their hands filled with different drinks, chips, and other food. Chase unwrapped his chicken sandwich and bit at least half of it off. I cringed at the uncooked meat.

"Gross, Chase!" Brynn exclaimed with a disgusted look. "That's not even cooked!"

Chase shrugged as Brandon unwrapped his own sandwich and took a giant bite. Dylan tore a piece off of her sandwich and passed it to me. I gave her a questioning look.

"Don't worry, it's fine. Try it."

I stared at it for a second before taking it from her hand and popping it into my mouth. My eyes widened as my tongue began to burn like hell. The others began to laugh uncontrollably at my reaction. Dylan knew all too well that my tongue was sensitive to spicy things. I could eat some basic spicy foods but the terrible burning sensation from this sandwich was torturing my poor tongue. I hurried to swallow it and grabbed my water bottle.

"Holy, crap! That's freaking spicy!" I shrieked once my mouth was empty. I fumbled with the cap before chugging the water down my throat. The others continued to laugh at me; Chase with his mouth full and Amber choking once again.

I was just about done finishing up my water bottle when two hands clamped over my eyes with the word "BOO!" yelled right next to my ear. Being me, I choked, did a spit take and started coughing like a maniac. I managed to spray water at all my friends that Brynn and Dylan shot out of their seats, Amber's face was turning red from her laughing fit, and Brandon and Chase fell out of their seats because they were cracking up.

Another laugh– an all too familiar laugh– joined them from right behind me. I was well aware that probably the whole cafeteria was watching me die of embrassment. I was going to kill the guy behind me.

"Damn it, Adrian!" I yelled between coughs. I reached behind me and punched what I assumed was his stomach. Still laughing, he parked himself right next to me and gave high fives to Brandon and Chase from across the table. Once everyone was sober I punched Adrian again with a groan.

"Ow!" He yelled with a fake hurt tone; his amused face said otherwise.

"What the hell, Adrian!" I huffed angrily, burying my face into my hands. The whole cafeteria just witnessed my embarrassment. I could feel my face burning up. Luckily, the bell rang signaling for fifth period. I shot up from my seat and glared at Adrian. "Hello to you too." I hissed before grabbing Amber's arm and tugging her to our next class.

"I'm in your next class you know!" Adrian called out to me. I ignored him and headed straight to the girls locker room while pounding my chest and coughing a little.

"Macey!" Adrian called from the down the hall. It was the end of the day and I managed to ignore Adrian through the whole day

Ignoring him for the billionth time, I shut my locker and headed towards the exit. I could hear his frustrated groan as he ran after me. Adrian caught up with me just as I opened the door of the school's entrance.

"Mace, you can't ignore me forever."

Ignored.

"Macey."

Nothing.

"Macey Daniels!" Adrian grabbed my shoulder and whirled me around to face him.

"What?" I snapped.