their tree/caroline

she walked up to her favorite place in the world: the little tree in the park. it was big, but small compared to the other trees there. she'd worn a big, fluffy sweater, because the weather was cold, and she had a normal pair of jeans underneath. she wanted to get lost inside her hoodie, her short hair was a big mess underneath it, and she was an even bigger mess.

      a mess inside of a mess inside of a mess.

       it was 3.10. hopefully, he'd gotten the letter she'd dropped off two days ago. he'd be here in 5 minutes. she didn't know how to approach that fact.

     she was excited beyond belief, and was very nervous. she felt very small, and very shy. she kept fiddling with her fingers, and licking her lips.

     she then climbed to her usual camouflaged tree branch. there was no way anyone could see her from the outside. this fact had always brought her peace. and since this place was not in plain sight, she'd made it into a place of her own.

  always leaving her poems there, even, her sweaters. like a habitat. like a home.

   but somehow he'd found this place also.

     they hadn't talked that much, she wondered about him a lot.

     she told her heart to calm down as she made her way up to the branch, and sat there. only then did she notice the note five inches to her right.