their tree/caroline

Caroline thought long and hard, did she want to be saved? The question she'd been asking herself for three days since it was asked by him.

     did she want to be saved?

      she went to sleep with the thoughts of incredible city nights, and wrote stories about what would never really happen.

        but somehow this boy, man, man boy, had told her that he would save her, without trying to change her.

  was that even possible?

Sunday was two days away.

     she felt like she was making such a big decision. but it shouldn't have been important in the first place.

it was not your average offer though, the thought of her being saved. if it was possible...that would mean...if he was serious...that would mean...that she'd finally live.

living, it was such a great thing.

   sometimes, she felt truly alive. those moments were moments she'd want to cherish forever, but there were so many more moments that she wanted to live, but couldn't.

she'd do anything to live those moments.

and this boy was telling her he would make those moments happen.

she'd told people about her problems before. that she was sometimes stressed too much, depressed too much, that she couldn't find the point in anything. that she wanted to live so badly, but couldn't. she'd asked in hope for answers to what things actually meant in this life.

   but people would never care.

they'd just tell her to get some therapy sessions, as if she was crazy. Maybe she was. But therapy sessions?

       this boy, though, had read poems of herself, that nobody else had.

for how long?

         either way, he'd read them, and didn't tell her to go to a nuthouse. he was actually and genuinely interested in helping her live. how unbelievable was that?

"So you don't want to be saved?"

     she'd looked Naru up on the Internet. he had brown curly hair and warm brown eyes. he was very cute. he went to the college she was hoping to go to at the end of her year. So he wasn't a stranger anymore. she'd even sent an email to her computer that didnt have a passcode, an email that had a photo of him and his name, and that she would be with him on Sunday at 3.15.

    she had her answer.