A Funny Weird (Chapter 20)

Start from the beginning

"Shawn I need you to be truthful with me."

"Why you haven't told us the truth about the people who attacked us," I snap. I know she knows something, but isn't telling us. I've been scared for the last month or so of them coming after us and all she's been doing is hiding. We need answers.

She takes a deep breath and blows it out. "I know. I want to tell you guys, but I can't. If I tell you a lot of people could get hurt," she explains. What can't she tell me? How important is this information? "But what I can tell you is, don't trust them. I did once know them, but something has changed. I don't know what, but something. Just remember amor est key."

"Amor is what?"

She gets up and hugs me. "I don't have time to explain," she says. I hug her back feeling a little awkward, since I barely know her. "Riverview Mountain," she whispers. Next thing I know I'm in the kitchen again. I look around to remember how I got here, but I got nada.

I look at the table and I see a piece of paper. I pick it up and read it to myself.

We, in the biological department, have discovered something big about mutants. We
discovered that all natural mutants with one mutant parent or less, become mutantly active
around their teenage years. There might be a correlation between puberty and mutations
becoming active. We've also discovered that children to two mutant parents will either gain
two non related powers or become mutantly active at a younger age.

What the Hell is this? Who wrote this? As I read the letter over and over agin, I start to realize a few things.
Tristen is a mutant like us.
His parents must be mutants.
This is the reason why we all gained our mutations around the same time.
Then there is a really big question. What does this mean for Taylor?

3rd p.o.v.

Courtney saw her. She was the person they were all looking for. Maria Lopez a.k.a. Kyra Reyes. Hers and Arnold's job was simple. Find her and kill her. Courtney had done this a bunch of times, but something inside of her felt sick. She didn't know what though.

She saw the woman get out of the apartment building and walk down the street. Courtney got out of her car and walked towards her. She was on her own as Arnold was out of state looking for Maria at her old family ranch in Texas. Courtney follows her a few step back, not wanting her to suspect she is following her.

Maria turns left into an alley and Courtney smirks in satisfaction. She turns, but instead of seeing Maria she sees the inside of a gun barrel. "What are you doing," Maria asks as she holds the gun to Courtney's head. Maria takes a better look at her stalker and gasps. "Heather?"

That's when Courtney kicks the gun out of Maria's hand. Maria realizes fast, not to trust her and kicks Courtney in the face. Maria runs for the gun, but before she can grab it, a purple ray touches it and makes it glow purple and blows up. She turns back and sees Courtney grinning at her.

Courtney then aimed for Maria, but Maria jumps out of the way. Courtney does it three more times, but Maria dodges them all. Maria then gets close enough and throws a pocket knife to Courtney's shoulder. Courtney screams in pain before starting to compose herself. She couldn't let the woman get away. When Maria tried to run pass her Courtney blew up the ground making the other woman fall.

Courtney ran to Maria. She got near the dark haired woman, but before she could use her power, Maria spin kicks making Courtney fall. They both stand up quickly face to face. When Courtney tries to blow her up again, Maria punches her in the jaw causing the Courtney to look away and blow up a metal fence. She feels something on her head and she quickly turns with a kick to Maria's face. Maria falls and hits her head hard enough to cause her to pass out. Courtney smirks one last time, before she makes the woman blow up.