Hopefully it will last (Chapter 18)

Ashton p.o.v.

I walk out of the meeting hall feeling like the world is out to get us. We finally find a place that we could call home, but in just a couple hours we get evicted. It's like the gods against us. Ms. Reyes said we could go to one of the new houses with the other students, but we're not moving to another city. Luke has just finally started to make a few new friends and I'm not going to take him away from them.

I guess there's no time to complain. We have to call a few friends to see if we can crash with them. I walk back into Luke and mine's room and freeze. There is a guy on top of Luke making out with him. I can hear Luke moaning and groaning loudly and I feel something in my chest clench before I start to see red. I grab the guy off my Luke and throw him against the wall. "What the fuck do you think you're doing," I yell at him.

I recognize the face. It was one of the students here I think his name is Luis or something. Though he doesn't sound Mexican and he kind of has a British accent, but that isn't the point. The guy opens his mouth to respond, but soon he starts to dissolve in my hands. I let go immediately and he finally disappears. That when I realize he's an illusion.

I turn and look at scared Luke hiding in my shirt. He's shaking really bad and letting out a whimpering noise. I try to comfort him, but he quickly moves away. He hasn't ever moved from my touch before. A little part of me breaks from the action. I sigh knowing my mistake.

"I'm sorry Luke," I start. "I shouldn't have tried to hurt the guy."

"Y-yeah y-y-you sh-shouldn't h-have,"he stutters out still not coming out of my shirt. That's a good sign that he's not too scared of me.

"I know. I just felt...like I needed to protect you," I lie. I actually felt like somebody was taking him away from me and I didn't like that feeling one bit. I don't like sharing.

"I-I know." He peeks up a little from my shirt. "B-but h-he won't hurt me anymore. I have you," he says referring to his no good uncle. I remember when I saw Luke for the first time. He had a bunch of bruises on his body and a fresh scratch on his cheek. He was running from his uncle when he accidentally bumped into me. I asked if he was okay and he nodded and mumbled a sorry. Then his that monster grabbed his arm forcefully and pulled him away. He apologized for his nephew's troubles and was about to go away before I grabbed his arm. I asked how Luke got his bruises and he said it wasn't any of my business. I knew the signs of abused. My grandpa did it to my mom for years before we left him and I'll be damned if I let it happen to another person. I then remembered absorbing the metal from the light pole and giving that guy a good punch. He was knocked out instantly and I grabbed Luke and ran.

It took a while for us to get him to open up, but that was okay. We let him into our little family and I promised I would protect him forever. "Yeah you do," I finally tell him with a smile that he returns.

"Mashmallow can I ask you something," Luke asks me kind of nervous.

"Of course," I answer.

His cheeks tint a little pink before asking me. "Um...well....d-do you think...I mean in your opinion...well," he rambles on. I put my hand on his shoulder and squeeze it assuring him that it's okay. "Do you think I'm handsome," he whispers out. His whole face was red and biting his lip waiting for an answer.

I did find him cute, but in more in a friend way...I think, but do I find him handsome or attractive. Yeah, I may find him attractive if I was gay, but I don't think I am. Well I've never actually felt anything towards a girl, but at the same time I haven't felt anything towards a guy.

"Yes, I do find you handsome," I finally say.

He looks up at me with a hopeful look up in his eyes. "Really?" I nod my head. "Oh...so do you think...that...maybe. Actually it doesn't matter. It's okay," he says.

I frown a little. We never keep anything from each other. "C'mon Lukey charms tell me," I say pouting my lips. He shakes his head and tries to move away, but I grab him and put him on my lap. He doesn't look at me in the eyes. "Please tell me," I beg.

He bites his lip thinking about. He sighs finally giving in. "Do you think..." he trails off.

"Do I think what," I ask.

"That Shawn would go out with me."

Shawn p.o.v.

Taylor and I take a stroll outside as we talk about what to do. "We can't just have them go," he says to me. I grab his hand and rub circles around it. "It's going to be okay. Jack and Carter are just going home," I say.

"They can't go home. Carter's family are part of a gang, Aaron's parents will just abuse his powers to gamble, the dolans' lost their parents, and Jack's parents are just going to neglect him again," he says as his other hands turn into a fist.

I kiss his lip to calm him down. He instantly grabs me and starts to deepen the kiss. I don't know how, but this year is the most I've ever kissed him and we aren't even together. When I start to feel his tongue lick my lips I know I should stop. I gently push him away and we start to heavily pant. If there is one thing you need to know about Taylor Caniff is that he's one hell of a kisser.

After I compose myself I start to tell him my idea. "Taylor I was thinking about something."

"Yeah what is it, Angel," he asks caressing my cheek with one hand and the other securely around my hip.

"Well I talked to Cam and JJ  and they said they have some extra space at their house. Cam has five extra bedrooms not including the basement living room and JJ said he has an extra bedroom since his parents left. And if I were to move into your bedroom we would have an extra and I was thinking that maybe they could move in with all of us," I tell him.

When I see his face he is grinning ear to ear. He kisses my cheek making them burn with a blush as he says, "Angel that's a great idea, but 7 bedrooms for like 6 people isn't that a lot? We don't need to give away your room"

"Well not exactly. I kind of thought of a few more people. Like ten more people," I tell him rubbing the back of neck.

His eyes go wide as I tell him. "Who?"

"The gangs. I know we don't know them well, but they seem like good people."

"I know they are good people, but how would it work?"

"We worked it out somewhat. Cam and Nash will sleep in the basement living room. It has its own kitchen, so they wouldn't mind much. They also have an office down there where JJ and Matt have agreed to. Then upstairs they still have five bedrooms. We can have Aaron and Hayes, Jc and Sam, Sammy and Skate, Dillion and Brent, and the Dolans. Then we can have Carter and Jack at JJ's with Andrea and Kian since there's an extra room because JJ bunking with Matt. Then in ours we can have Ashton and Luke," I explain. I didn't realize I was rambling till I had to take a huge breath in.

"Why is JJ bunking with Matt," Taylor asks.

"Because Matt doesn't want to share a room with Carter, so it was the only solution," I explain.

He nods his head at me smiling. "But why did you choose them like that?"

I shrug not really knowing what to say. JJ picked Jack in his house, because he would protect Lia if anything happen and Carter could heat things up and wear out Kian's magnetic powers if they tried anything. Then we decided to put Andrea in the same house with another girl and that happened to be at JJ's and Lia's. Kian would probably want to be with his girlfriend, so we bunked them together.

The next house we just put the couples together and then put the same gang in the same room. Then we put the Dolans twins together because they were brothers. I chose to put Ashton and Luke in our apartment because he seems like a good guy. We talked during breakfast and we kind of became friends. Hopefully it would last.

------------
Sorry it's short and probably crappy. It's just that I wanted to give you guys an update, but I also have a bunch of end of term stuff to do. Senior year is so not like the movies. I hope you still liked it and please vote comment follow and share