Chapter 23

<<Jinx POV>>
Head in hands and tears on the palm of my hand was what happened as I sat in the bedroom. A knock was heard then someone came in and the bed sunk.

"Kota?" I looked up at Jonathan with puffy eyes.

"What do you want?" I ask and he rubs my back.

"I saw what was going through your mind and I know how you feel." He said, I laid down on the bed.

"Yeah, you and Evan go way back." I said and he nods, "Look...Jon?"

"Yes?" He asked, laying on his side next to me.

"How would you want to die?" I ask and he froze.

"Very odd question but I would die happy, with ones I love and are in love with. Why? How would you want to die?" I looked up at the ceiling.

"Protecting the ones I'm with."

"You've already done that, with me." He laughed, I looked at him.

"No I haven't, you got shot all cause I didn't go with you." I cried and he sighed.

"Trust me, you've done so much. I love you." He hugged me and a tear escaped.

"I miss mom, but I will always be here cause Jon.." I pulled him to look at me, "I love you more than any other boy." I meant this in brotherly and sisterly way. He hugged me and tears fell from his eyes.

"Goodnight." I said and he nodded.

"Sleep tight." He said and I covered myself in blankets.

|1:27 am|

I awoke to crashing downstairs. Jonathan was asleep so I got up, grabbed my back pack and machete and went to look. I pulled out the weapons and held it in front just in case. The front door was swung open and the moon light was coming in, I heard a car start and drive away, I ran out side. I started to run a gated the car, I was pretty close behind too.

"Hey!" I called after it. It pulled around an abandoned alley and parked somewhere, I took the time to catch my breath. I pulled out the weapon again and walked cautiously to the building. I walked to the double barn doors but it was chained together,

"Have to find another way.." I start walking around back to see if there was a back entrance, all I found was the car and a open cellar door. The cars door was open so I peered inside with light from the moon, it revealed weapons. Guns, Shots, A bag of white stuff, Broken bottles and bullets.

"What the hell?" I whispered. More crashing came from the cellar door, I walked slowly to the door and looked inside, pitch black. I walked back to the car and started searching, in the glove compartment was a flashlight. I turned it on as I walked downstairs. The area was filled with graffiti and cob webs. I heard whispers and a light at the end of the corridor. I followed the light and the sound to a cracked open door.

"Tell me again why you didn't go in there, Mark?" That sounded like the voice in my head..

"There was to many rooms, what if we opened the wrong one? We would've had a situation on our hands."

"One that is easily dealt with. Why can't you be more like her? She shot him in the leg." This must be...what's his name? Adam? Adam.

"Well we can't all be like your sister can we?" The mark guy was walking toward the door, I could tell by his shadow getting bigger, so I put my hand over the light. He walked by and up the cellar stairs, taking a right. I started crouch walking toward the door and peeked inside. I saw the man who was yelling at Mark, staring at blueprints on a table. I went back to my spot and held the sharp object close. Thoughts were running through my head on whether this was the right time to strike or should I wait till he is alone? I heard struggles from down the hall, it sounded like someone silently screaming.

"My chance to fulfill my death wish.." I whispered, "To protect someone.." I dashed across the door way and down the hall.

<<3rd Person POV>>
Little did Kota know, is that they were planning for her to follow them. Adam smirked as he saw the dark of blue hair cross the doorway. He grabbed his revolver and followed the girl.

Meanwhile, back at the house, Jonathan woke up and frantically looked for his sister. "Jinx?!" He called her code name several times. The guys eventually woke up except Tyler and Blonde, they were locked in the shed outside.

"Where is she?!" He asked them. The searched the house until Jon made a choice. He went outside, unlocked the pantry and grabbed Tyler.

"You're coming with us." Jon said as he shoved Tyler inside. Jon took Lui, David, Marcel, Tyler, and Evan with him. They came upon this old building which they searched around carefully and quietly.

"Guys! Here!" Evan whisper yelled. The guys came over and all quietly climbed inside, holding each other's shirts for guidance with Jon being in front. They walked into a room and saw a bunch of pictures...of them. A picture of the house was there, a picture of Kota, a picture of Jon, and everyone entering the house and leaving for hunting.

"This is some next level shit." Marcel commented.

"Shh. They could still be here." Lui shushed him. Jon grabbed a box and swiped off some dust. The word 'Adam' was engraved into it.

"Adam.." He growled. He west it down and walked over to the blue prints which he pulled out his machete and ran down the hall, the guys immediately trying to catch up.

Back to Kota, she opens a door quietly where the noise was. A girl with tattoos, pink hair, and a black beanie was tied with tape in her mouth.

"Hello? Are you okay?" The girl looked at her and struggled, signaling for help. Kota let down her machete and took the tape off.

"Better?" The girl laughed and nudged behind her. Adam pointed a revolver at defenseless Kota.

"Pretty girl, very clever, indeed." He purred and she growled. Kota stood and put her hands up as if she was going to surrender. She kicked the gun out of his hand and kicked him in the genitals. She pinned him to the wall and punched him, he slid down the wall, unconscious. The pink girl growled at this but Kota, the blue haired girl, flipped her off. The door burst open and Jon and the guys stood there, ready to fight until they saw Kota standing there, just fine.

"Jinx!"

"Del!" Kota cried of happiness. Jon smiled until something stood up behind her with her machete in hand, he frowned.

"JINX!!" He called but it was too late, the figure stabbed the girl in the stomach and you can actually see the machete going through her. Kota fell to the ground with the weapons inside her, she was coughing blood out of her throat, you knew she wasn't gonna make it.

"KOTA!!" He yelled.

|'How do you want to die?'

'Protecting the ones I'm with.'|

~Quote from Dakota Denis.

~| Dakota Crystal Denis |~
🌹REST IN PARADISE🌹
~| Was a beloved and strong female character |~