Chapter 13

Jonathon POV
We kept walking, we were walking back to our home town from when I was 18. It's been 8 years since I left with my sister Kota, who is 27. I reach into my back pack and take out what's left of our food, a deer that I killed.

"I thought you were gonna save that to throw at someone?" She asked as she kicked stones.

"Yeah but I'm hungry. Maybe I'll throw the bone at someone." I said as I finish the last of it and put it back in my bag.

"You're still disgusting. After 8 years." She laughed.

"Yeah, living in the woods didn't exactly make me a high quality bitch now did it?"

"True that." She said as she walked behind a tree and stopped.

"What is it?" I put my hand on the handle of my machete to get ready to pull it out. "We're home. But I see something..." She squints her eyes far out. I look where she's looking and I see a man who looks around 25, 1 year under me, sitting with his friends having a beer.

"Recognize him?" I looked at her. Her blue hair had gotten darker and settled in over the years. "No. Let's meet them." She walked out, fixing her tank top as she walked over to the men.

"Hello Gentlemen." She said as she crossed her arms.

"Well, Hello there." A guy with glasses said.

"I'm looking for a house. An abandoned one I think, where someone was murdered 8 years ago?" She asked

"The old Denis home? Yeah, it's down the street. No ones gone in there since the Mom was murdered. Some say the killers still there, want me to go with sweetheart?" He smirked.

"I can handle myself, thanks. Jon!" She called. Their eyes widened and they looked to where she called. I walked out and stood beside her, they watched my every move.

"Can we go or what?" I asked her very loudly. "Yeah, just curious.." She stared at the men as she grabbed my wrist and made me walk.

"Guy in red jacket was looking at you. Seemed as if he knew you.." She pointed out.

"Who would remember me? I'm the ruthless killer who killed my own mom." I laughed and she nodded.

"Still, he seemed to have interest in you. You sure you don't remember him?"

"Positive." I played with my thumbs as we kept walking.

"I removed when we first moved out to the woods. You were a scrawny kid, who just killed someone and now look at you. Built like a fucking tank." She punched my shoulder and I laughed.

"I was running. My police and I guess someone else..?"

"You don't even know?"

"Can't remember. You put me in so much training back then that it cleared my mind." I kept itching my thigh. We made it to the house and we hoped the fence. The back door was still unlocked and once we stepped in, it reeked like death.

"Ugh, please tell me that's not what I think it is." Kota said as she gagged a bit.

"I think it is, Jinxy," I laughed as I walked in the living room.

"It's jinx!!" She yelled as I walked in the room. I almost threw up from the sight of my mom's rotting corpse lying on the sofa.

"Jesus Christ! They didn't even clean it up!" Kota coughed.

"I don't think they could've handled the smell!" I said as I hold my breath, picking up the body. I ran it out to the back where the murky green water was in the pool. I dropped the body in the dead grass.

"That smelled terrible! Worse then anything we've killed!" Kota said

"Dude, that's not even funny." I said

"Wasn't meant to be." She walked over to the  or se, stabbing it in the head with her knife.

"Really?!" I yelled

"Gotta make sure there is no cockroach's living in her skull. It's disrespectful." She took out the knife and started digging with a rusted shovel that was leaning on a shed.

"That's why they built coffins." I said and she glared at me with an unamused look.

"Do you really think I know how to build a coffin?" She asked as she kept digging.

"Well you were older than me when we left, thought you would know." 

"Yeah but we were in the same grade!" She yelled as she threw the shovel and kicked the body in the hole.

"You at least gonna build a cross?" I ask as she starts putting dirt back in.

"You do that, I dug the grave." I flipped her off as I walked inside, going to the garage in search of a hammer. I looked around for a tool box or a shelf but the place was like it was robbed.

"The fuck is the tools..?" I ask as I see a bright red box, to small for a tool box, it looked like it would be big enough for a ring. I walked over and grabbed it off the table, opening it and a note fell. "Nice, Jon." I bent down and grabbed it, blowing off some dust.

Dear Loraine,
I'm sorry for the way I treated you with our kids, and how I raised Kota. Yes I know, I was afraid and kicked her out but I still love you and her. Please take me back and marry me?

~Trevor

|~~~~~~~~|

Apparently my dad's name was Trevor, and tried to propose again. I threw the box at the door and ripped the note. I tucked the ring back in my pocket, wait, if my dad apologized to her about the way he gave up Kota and the way he treated her when they had me...then that must have not been Dad in my head or Kota's head. But who?

"Rawr!" I jumped when Kota came behind me, she started laughing her ass off.

"Not nice." I glared at her.

"Oh shut up, find anything?" She asked and I nodded.

"Kota." I said and she looked at me, seriously, cause I used her really name.

"What is it?" She asked, I gave her the 2 pieces of the ripped not and grabbed the box and ring.

"I don't think that was dad in our head..."