Chapter Twenty Two

With my legs on the arm of the sofa and the top portion of my body on the rest of the sofa, I stayed in this comfortable position for what seemed like hours reading cook books. I had spent the whole morning at Kenny's place. It is now 9 o' clock and I figured I'd have to sooner or later go home and face Sam.

"I think I should go home now." I announced to Kenny while closing the '100 simple recipes' book in my hand.

"Hmm..what time is it?" He asked from the floor opposite the television corner. He insisted on laying on the floor, saying how the cold tiles provide him with great comfort.

"It's 9 o' clock."

"Don't you wanna grab some breakfast first?" He asked. "I'm starving."

"That sounds great. I've been craving a good eggs benedict for a while now." The image of a perfectly plated eggs benedict glued to my mind.

"I know a place." He said.

"And where is that?"

.......

"Your bakery?" I asked once we came to a stop in front of a Parisian looking bakery. 'Kenny Wes Bakery', the sign read.

"Yep. We serve really good eggs benedict." He stated. "I'm so excited for you to try it."

We walked into the bakery and I was immediately greeted by the strong scent of fresh baked goods. I deeply inhaled the scent, hoping it would release a bit of my stress out.

"It smells amazing here." I complimented.

"Thankyou." Kenny said and lead me towards the back of the restaurant where he instructed me to sit in one of the big booths.

"VIP for m'lady-I mean..Sclera." He said and took the menu that hung on the wall.

.....

Breakfast was absolutely breathtaking. Quite literally too. I stuffed my mouth with the eggs benedict and chewed like a caveman, earning laughs from Kenny. He was right about it being amazing.

We were now out in the warm L.A weather, keeping a good distance between one another as we made our way towards my apartment.

"This is it." I said as we reached the building. "I would offer you to come upstairs but-"

"It's fine, Sclera. I understand. But I'll be down here for a while." He interrupted.

"Down here? Why?" I asked.

"Well..he's gonna ask where you've been all night and he'll probably get mad once he discovers the truth about you staying at my place-"

His explanation was harshly interrupted by a hard, blowing punch on his jaw. My vision began to blurr as I watched the figure continued to attack him, causing the two to wrestle each other on the concrete ground. I let out a loud shriek only to cause the figure to turn his head. Sam.