Chapter Nineteen

WOAH WE'RE SO CLOSE TO 4K READS I'M EXCITED AF RN. Btw who misses Kenny? I'm definitely not done with his and Sclera's story just yet.

All the love..xx
-A.

•••••••

I go on my computer and finish my assignments. Online schooling isn't so bad after all. I was just surprised my mom allowed me to leave so easily.

Sammy on the other hand, got a high paying job in some record company as a song writer. It all happened so fast. He wrote a few good tunes and sold them to big artists like J Cole and even sold one to Nate.

We were both content with our lives. Although, I can't seem to shake off the uneasy feeling growing in the pit of my stomach. Whenever something good were to happen in my life, something bad just had to trail behind it's shadow.

"Babe what are you doing this time?" Sammy asks from behind me and puts his hands on my shoulders, massaging them lightly. My muscles which were tensed, quickly relaxed beneath his soothing touch.

"Just an essay." I said and leaned my head back against his chest. "5000 words on modern politics."

"Holyshit." He breathed out. "5000?! Babe I told you..just drop out of sc-"

"No, I will not drop out of school Sammy." I said, my voice coming out louder than I had intended. I let out a deep sigh. "Besides, I only have a few months left until college."

He kissed the top of my head and made his way towards the front door.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Just-out." He said briefly before shutting the door and leaving me alone in our apartment.

This is what I was worried about. In the past few days Sammy has been acting weird and going out alot. I didn't mind him going out, I wasn't gonna be one of those girls who would forbid their boyfriends from going out but it was his return that I hated. He would always return home drunk out of his mind. He wasn't violent or anything of that sort but he tends to be rude when asked about his whereabouts.

I decided that I will not be one of those girls that guys leave behind at home without a word on where they were going. I quickly changed into more appropriate clothing, grabbed my necessities and headed out. I needed to know what it is he was doing and who he was doing it with.

I took out my phone and searched for the closest bars in town. Using my phone properly, something I learnt from Sam. 'Wrusters' was just a few blocks away. I headed towards the direction the phone's map lead me.

.....

I entered the small local bar which greeted me with an unwelcoming scent that filled my nostrils almost instantly. I cringe at the strong smell of tobacco and alcohol.

I look around the bar for Sam but he was nowhere to be seen. Hell, the bar barely had any customers with the exception of one bartender and two old men sitting on tall stools.

"Fuck." I breathed out. Cursing in random occasions, another thing I inherited from spending too much time with Sam.

"Hey pretty lady." The bartender said from behind the bar top. "Lookin for the party?" He asked.

"Party?" I wondered. Maybe that's where Sam is. "Yeah, party. Where is it?"

"Take the stairs before the back door." He instructed.

"Okay...thanks." I said before making my way to the back of the bar.

I pushed away the dark curtain and went downstairs. Loud music began to ring through my ears. I turn the knob of a dirty looking door to reveal a huge hall filled with drunk teenagers dancing around with scraps of fabric barely covering their bodies. It seems to be an underground nightclub.

I emerged into the pool of dancing bodies and made my way into a less crowded place to get a good look for Sam.

I spotted Sam a few bodies away. He seemed so free, so happy. With a bottle of alcohol and a blunt in one hand, he danced as if there were no tomorrow. I didn't mind him drinking and smoking that much. It was the whore that was hooked around him that pushed me to the point.

That son of a bitch.