Chapter Five

Now, I know most of you must be really confused right now. I have decreased the number of chapters by putting three of them into one. It's really hard to fix all this since I am, like I said before, writing from my mobile device. Please bare with me. It'll all be worth it once I'm done. I've already come up with the cover and plot for the sequel of this book. It will be called, yes, 'Higher'. It will be up very soon but I won't start writing until I'm done with 'High'. Also, to make things even more difficult for me, my IGCSE board exams are going on so I might not be posting ALOT for 2 more weeks. Once I'm done, I'm gonna fix all this and update ALOT more.

Thanku. All the love. xx.
Anyways..

-------------
He stood still, the bag laid next to him.

"W-what are you doing here? How'd you get in?", I asked.

"Sclera, there's something I need to tell you.", he said.

"What is it?"

"I really hope you'd understand."

"Sammy, just tell me."

"It's not that easy."

"Sam-"

"It's just- I don't really know how you're going to react to it."

"Well now that you've mentioned it, you have to say it."

"Remember a few hours ago when I told you that you don't know who I really am? That no one does? And that I hide my true self within myself? I- Sclera, I- I've killed someone. I've killed my brother- my twin brother, Dylan."

Just then, I felt as if all the air was knocked out of me. Like I couldn't even breathe. I felt scared too, scared of what Sammy was capable of. Scared of what he has done. Besides fear, my mind was filled with confusion, confused about this twin brother of his.

"Aren't you gonna say something?", he asked.

"I- I'm having a hard time trying to let this all sink in."

"Well that's a first. The Sclera Maloley does not have a quest-"

"Shut up Sammy. Just- just-"

"Why? Are you actually scared I might hurt you?"

"No.", I lied, fear obviously shown on my face.

"Sclera, I'd never hurt you. You know that."

"Well I used to, but now.."

"Just let me explain it all."

"Explain? Explain what? How or why you killed your brother? Oh please. Enlighten me."

"It's not like how it sounds. It was an accident. I didn't mean to-"

"An accident?! Really?!", I asked.

"Will you please just let me explain before you start getting stupid ideas? You're literally the first person to ever hear about this from me."

"Firs-first person? You mean the cops-Sammy-the cops don't know about this?"

"No, they don't. No one but my dad and I, well now you, know about this."

"Did you-did you burry him yourself?"

"Sclera, please just let me explain the whole thing. Please just give me a few minutes.", he pleaded. I gave him a small nod and he continued with the further explanation.

"Alright so about six years ago, I was on the way home with Dylan from soccer practice at a park nearby. And since it was the last practice, we decided to hang out at a friend's house. We got home at like three in the morning to find dad on the floor of our living room, covered with blood. Turns out someone broke into the house and tried to steal some things. That someone was actually still in the house when Dylan and I entered. He held a gun to Dylan's head and threatened to shoot him. I-I.."

"You what Sammy?", I was eager to know what happened.

"I threw a book at him..well...at the gun..and-", he paused for a little while, tears started to fall onto his cheeks. He looked sad and full of regret.

"And? What happened?", I asked, eager to know what had happened after that.

"It caused the guy to...it caused him to...shoot him...straight in his head.", he said as tears rolled down his cheeks. He shut his eyes, trying to prevent any more tears from spilling but failed miserably when he collapsed onto the floor, legs stretched out and face burried in his hands.

I stood there, still processing what he had just told me. I sat on his lap, both my legs on either side of him. I tilted his chin up and gave him a small kiss to his cheeks.

"It wasn't your fault. It wasn't, at all.", I tried saying to comfort him.

He then wrapped both arms around my back, our foreheads and nose touching.

"It was partially my fault. If I didn't-"

"Sammy."

"There's something else I need to tell you.", he said in a rather serious tone.

"What is it?"

He pointed at the bag that laid a few meters away from us.