Chapter 23

Mia's POV

Day 1

I drove until the gas was low, I stopped in hotel and paid for a one night stay. My room had one bed, a couch,tv, and a small kitchenette.

'We should have staid'

Kala says sadly, plopping onto the bed I bury my face in the comforter and let out a sob.

'Mates'

Rosa cries out, I sob harder. My whole life is a mess right now, I just.....God....I need time.

'P-please understand I need time. I'm not as strong as you'

I whisper these words to my forms before putting up my mind link block so they couldn't reach me. Clutching the comforter in my grasp I cry into it, no one understands.

'Mia come home' I hear Bane whisper in my head.

'Please, I need time' I whisper back to him softly.

'Let us help you' he say gently, sweetly even.

'No one understands' I cry.

'Help us understand then. Make us understand' Bane begs me over the link.

'Goodbye Bane' I say and cut the link, I was left wondering how he got through my blocks.

~

I was back home with my mates. My family was gathered in the dining room and my mates seats empty. "Where are they?" Bane asks, his voice was hoarse and weak, "they haven't left her room since her left" dad sighs.

Closing my eyes I keep the tears bay, I don't want to course them pain. "Has anyone heard from here?" Noah asks hopefully, there was a spark of hope inside his eyes. "No" everyone says in sync.

The spark dies, a pain begins in my stomach. Sparing on last glance at them I leave the room and and head to my room, the smell of my mates overcome me as I get closer.

I walk through the door and stand there, Grayson was laying face down on my bed with Ethan beside him. A cry rises in my throat, I force it back down, but that doesn't stop the tears from running down my cheek.

"Why did she leave?" I hear Grayson ask.

"I wish I knew" Ethan murmurs beside him.

My heart drops into my stomach, I felt sick. So sick. Turning around I run through the wall, I need to escape. I need to get out.

I need to stop hurting the people I love.

~

I lurch forward coughing for air, the room felt oddly cold but I liked it. A foul smell came from the hall, my eyes widen.

Rouges

My heart starts thudding in my chest, my palms get sweaty. My door knob starts to jiggle, this goes on for a straight minute before I get brave enough to move. I run towards the window and throw it open.

It was a short ways down, I could make it. Swing both legs over the ledge I sit there, the door bursts open behind me. "There she is! Grab her!" A gruff voice shouts, I slip off the ledge just in time.

Or so I thought.

A hand grabs my wrist, I'm just hanging there. Something pops and a sharp pains radiates from my wrist, I bite my lip to hold in a scream. Something pricks my wrist, my eyes widen in sheer panic. 

A needle

Sleep starts to course through me, the hand on my wrist slips and I fall. I hit the ground with a low thud. A new pain comes from my head.

"Grab her and lets go!" Someone barks from afar, I'm picked up and carried away.

Bane's POV

I was sitting in my office doing Alpha work when my best tracker/pack warrior bursts through the door. "Alpha I have caught wind of rouges on the southeast part of the territory at a hotel" he pants.

"How big is the threat?" I ask seriously and for motion for him to sit. He sits on the couch and angles his body towards me.

"There was about five of them, and one of our vehicles was parked there" he says, my heart stops.

Mia

"W-what was the car?"'I stumble over my words, my heart starts racing and my palms begin to sweat.

"A cherry red Lamborghini sir" he reports back immediately, my heart stops for a second before beating again. My stomach drops to my feet, "shit, shit, shit" I jump from my chair.

"Go get your top warriors and trackers, we will go look for who ever was in that car" I order and he nods. Saluting me he runs off and I do the same. I find my family all sitting in the living room watching the news.

"I think I found her" I pant, all there eyes snap to me.

"Where is she?!" Alex demands while jumping to his feet, "the car she took was parked at a hotel with five rouge scents surrounding it" I say. Everyone's face pales in fear, mom looked close to tears.

"H-has she been found?" Mom asks quietly, I shake my head. "Noah, Chase, Alex we are going to look for her" I say and they all nod and jump to their feet. .

"Bring her home" dad says, we all nod our heads and exit out the door. My brothers and I jump in my black, jacked up pick up and tear out of the drive. I head to the place where Mia was last seen.

It was a hour and a half drive out to the hotel, "so she just vanished?" Chase asks quietly in the back. I meet his eyes in the rear view mirror and nod my head. "Yes" I say gruffly, "her scent was masked by the and the track lost them at a river" I say.

Chase nods and I see the wheels turning in his head.

Alex who was sitting up front taps his hands on his leg repeatedly making my eye twitch. Grinding my teeth I switch on the radio station, Save Me by Nicki Minaj comes on.

A sigh escapes Noah's lips as he listens to the song, "how ironic" he chuckles bitterly. "Our little sister doesn't want to be saved from her demons, and this song comes on" he says bitterly making it all click in my head.

Gripping the steering wheel tight in my hands I put the pedal to the floor and weave in and out through cars. "Bane what's wrong?" Chase barks over the sound of the engine as I speed down the freeway.

"I figured it out" I spit before cranking up the music and blocking out my brothers.

Dark magic is a game, and Mia is a pawn.

___

Sorry for the wait, school is taking up a lot more of free time then I'd like. Bare with me until the next update.

I'd like to do a Q&A so feel free to comment a few questions you have about me and I'll try my best to answer them in a Q&A chapter!

Thanks for supporting me and my book

Random fact about me:

I play football XD