Chapter 22

Mia's POV

When the darkness cleared I was in Ethan's room, he was laying in bed staring at the ceiling. I used what little strength I had to speak to him, he fell asleep after I sang to him.

And now I couldn't move, my limbs were heavy and I couldn't hold on any longer. A faint ringing began in my ears and the darkness crept towards me again. I couldn't fight it, I didn't want to fight it.

I let it take hold of me, I let it drag me down.
~

My eyes felt heavy and my throat felt like cotton was stuff down it. There were no lights on, only darkness.

Open your eyes

The same musical voice from before says, my eyes fly open under her command. I was in the hospital room, but it was different this time. I felt different.

Throwing off the itchy blanket I pad towards the door, a mirror hung on the back of it. Standing in front of the mirror my mouth falls slack, my hair was a crisp white, my eyes matched.

Veins on my right arm have turned light blue and no flames covered my eye. Instead there was a symbol on my left wrist. Leaning in closer I realize this is me, this wasn't fake.

Panic seeps in, what was happening?

'Calm down Mia, everything will be explained in time' Kala says wisely, I take deep breaths to clam myself.

'Go to mate'

Rosa howls, 'which one?' I ask her.

'Grayson, he will get mate too' Rosa howls again, putting my hand on the handle I twist it. My bare feet make no sounds as I speed walk through the dark halls, Rosa uses wolf speed and gets there faster.

I knock softly on the door, the sound of sheets ruffling and feet dragging fill the silence. "Hell-" the words catch in Grayson's throat as he looked at me, "Mia" he breathes before taking me in his strong arms.

I break into sobs and latch onto him, "shhh, it's okay baby girl" he backs into the room and shuts the door. He sits us on the bed, not before wrapping a blanket around me. "Your cold" he murmurs and runs a finger down my cheek.

His hand was burning my skin, but I like it. The door bangs open, Ethan steps into the room with glowing eyes. I cower into Grayson, who only shake his head at me. "Don't, it will only make him even madder" he whispers lowly.

Ethan stalks forward and drops to his knees. He buries his head in my lap, his arms wrapping around me and holding me in place. His shoulders shake as he sobs, with shaky fingers I run my hands through his hair.

Grayson is silent behind me, we both knew Ethan wasn't one to cry. "I'm sorry" I whisper when he is done, neither of them answer me. The silence was killing me, Kala and Rosa were restless.

They wanted their mates to hold them.

"Tell us what happened baby girl" Grayson says softly breaking the silence, he wrapped his arms around my tummy and nuzzled my back. Ethan remained as he was, his shoulder heaved up and down still.

"I woke up in a field one day, the day I contacted you. Bane shouted at me and I all I remember feeling is sadness and disappointment. And when you guys came and I heard you and my father argue I felt sadder.

When you guys yell at me I get depressed, I-I know it's stupid but I can't help it. I want to make you guys happy, and I try. But I was overwhelmed with my family and then you guys shoved up.

I was being yelled at, I was torn. I'm sorry" I cry and break from their grasp and run out the door. Tears run down my face as I run down the stairs and out the door. "Mia wait!" They call after me.

Someone tries to grab me but I outrun them, everything seemed fake. In a panic I run into the garage and ran a random pair of keys. 'Kala our clothes?' I ask her hurriedly when I press the button while searching for the right car.

In a flash I wore a short white lace dress with white pumps, 'really?' I hiss and jump into a Lamborghini that just so happened to be cherry red. Revving the engine I back out of the garage.

'Mia stop' Ethan's voice booms in my head. Him and Grayson were standing stone faced in the way of my backing up.

'I'm sorry' I murmur over the link, I had just enough space to press the gas down and do a half cookie and peel out. The race glides smoothly on the paved drive way, it felt like I was flying.

'Please Mia, just stop' They both say gently, heartbrokenly.

'Please, just let me go' I whimper back, Kala and Rosa begging me to stay, to be with them. But I need time, this is all to much to process.

'You know we can't do that' Grayson says as I drive farther away. They were no longer in sight, I was almost to the road.

'Goodbye my loves' I murmur before blocking their link, Kala and Rosa pushed through.

'What are you doing?'

'Why did you leave mates?'

'Turn around, go back to them!'

'Mates, I want mates'

'They can help you if you let them'

Kala was very convincing, but not enough. Rosa wanted her mates, I wanted time.

'Give me two weeks' I say.

'One week' they chorus.

'Deal' I say and speed away from the one place I want to be.

Home
_______

After realizing you guys don't know what Noah, Bane, Alex, and Chase look like I decided to add photos of them. Make sure to go back and take a look! You can find their images on chapters 15-18.

Thank you for supporting this book!

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW